eMoneySpace
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News: Earn your money online safely here at eMoneySpace. Oct 22, 2021 04:04 PM

New rules
Print
Author Topic: New rules  (Read 2531 times)
jjohnson777

Referrals: 8

View Profile WWW
Aug 25, 2010 02:20 AM

Since some powers at be hate .info domain thank new rules should be:

To get owner badge can not be for .info domain
Can not sell sites in buy/sell with .info domain
Can not list advertising for sell in any part of forum for .info domain

Never got why people buy .infos as they cost more to renew than .com
When buy one from seller I usually move site to .com and redirect .info there anyways.

Using .info domain looks unprofessional if will not spend more for tier 1 domain will they be around long term?

aussiebob

Referrals: 10

Australian Beer Drinking Champion 1970-2013

View Profile WWW
Reply #1: Aug 25, 2010 02:50 AM

I thought that .info was really for [Information] sites like personal blogs not splogs and general information sites.
.com [Commercial] was intended for the business sector
.net [Networks] intended for the likes of ISPs, group networks etc
.org [Organizations] intended for clubs, churches, and other organizations.
and so on...

so PTC sites, being a moneymaking or commerce concern, either operated by business or private individuals should be in which category?? no idea

Oh yeh - [Commercial] Undecided because they are not [Information] sites.

Maybe they should all be on .tv [Television] as some of the posts here run like a soap opera.... if you miss 5 days you can still pick up the plot later on. laugh

The "rules" on domain allocations were written long long ago per ICANN, and not by anyone on  ems

Trivia: Did you know the most top-level domain is actually .www  Cool

Beer - Brewed from hops, Kangaroos - Moving with hops, Traceroute - Counting the hops....
jjohnson777

View Profile WWW
Reply #2: Aug 25, 2010 06:01 AM

They buy info because its .89 at godaddy.  Designers always buy .info which why I never buy there premade sites so there being scrooges miss them out on some serious money.

LuckyStarsSites

Referrals: 11

View Profile
Reply #3: Aug 25, 2010 06:46 AM

yes we use .info because they are low cost, there's nothing worse than spending  $10 on a .com domain to then have to sell a site for an extra $10 more than what I would normally sell

If you want .com sites JJ, I have .com's set aside for sites in the line for designing:

galaxyclicks.com
buxfrenzy.com
clickintron.com
bux4clix.com

and a few others  thumbs up
jjohnson777

View Profile WWW
Reply #4: Aug 25, 2010 07:45 AM

In owner section posted a $3.99 .com place.

http://www.domainsarefree.com/

Just $3 more

And they can play musical chairs with it after first year many have $6.99 or $7.99 transfer deals.

LuckyStarsSites

View Profile
Reply #5: Aug 25, 2010 08:01 AM

yes saw that, but when I tried it it told me the domain is $15, but just tried the link again and it shows as $3.99 so thank you for that Kiss look out for some .com sites from me soon lol

You have any suggestions for some good domain names?
jjohnson777

View Profile WWW
Reply #6: Aug 25, 2010 08:12 AM

Its not easy I try to do funny ones.  I once month write down 20-30 ones and slowly buy them as need them.

LuckyStarsSites

View Profile
Reply #7: Aug 25, 2010 08:15 AM

Its not easy I try to do funny ones.  I once month write down 20-30 ones and slowly buy them as need them.

I know me too but always lose the list lol I try to think of ones I know I can create a design for easily,like the last  ones I did in B&S
kapare1209

Referrals: 0

Born Scientist!

View Profile
Reply #8: Aug 25, 2010 08:29 AM

Since some powers at be hate .info domain thank new rules should be:

To get owner badge can not be for .info domain
Can not sell sites in buy/sell with .info domain
Can not list advertising for sell in any part of forum for .info domain

Never got why people buy .infos as they cost more to renew than .com
When buy one from seller I usually move site to .com and redirect .info there anyways.

Using .info domain looks unprofessional if will not spend more for tier 1 domain will they be around long term?

I do not fully agree with you JJ.
Sure, .info and .com domains have their own definations.

But operating a .info domain PTC site should not be a criterion to deny the GPT Owners Badge! It may be your personal openiun that a PTC site with .info looks unprofessional but this statement is truely baseless!

There should not be any rule saying PTC sites must not have a .info domain!
jjohnson777

View Profile WWW
Reply #9: Aug 25, 2010 08:34 AM

It's dumb, many top buyers will not buy from your site due to it.

kapare1209

Born Scientist!

View Profile
Reply #10: Aug 25, 2010 08:58 AM

It's dumb, many top buyers will not buy from your site due to it.

I guess investors look for the quality traffic, site's popularity and good reputation of site and site owner. If someone is saying that he/she not want to buy from a perticular site just because of the it has a .info domain thats the personal choice!

And surely this is not a valid reason to beny the GPT owners badge!

Common man, this is a forum where the community members share the knowledge and experience. It's not a club, where you must have a premium status to join in...
jjohnson777

View Profile WWW
Reply #11: Aug 25, 2010 09:03 AM

Know old timers look down on .info domain.  From post in buy/sell owner of forum is among those.  If anyone wants my wisdom and help better not have .info domain.

kapare1209

Born Scientist!

View Profile
Reply #12: Aug 25, 2010 09:08 AM

Know old timers look down on .info domain.  From post in buy/sell owner of forum is among those.  If anyone wants my wisdom and help better not have .info domain.

Thanks for the advice and sharing your experience with us...

But certainly, having a .info domain should not be a condition to deny the GPT Owners badge... We must look only for the site and owners reputation.
maderitescripts

Referrals: 4

NO Lounging

View Profile
Reply #13: Aug 25, 2010 02:10 PM

i have many years in this business and sell .info domains with sites but personally in all my years i have never invested big money in a site with a .info domain just not as trusting as a top level tier 1 sorry but if someone cant spend $10 extra on site theyre on alimited budget and prolly goin down the drain soon//

your ptc you touched on an important subject people wont spend the extra $10 yeah but what people usually people that dont need a site to start with.

i sell $50 scripts and $100 sites every week ive actually quit buying .info and once cleared out of inventory wont be offering cheap .info sites anymnore only top levels .com .net .us etc...

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.  (John Stuart Mill)
jjohnson777

View Profile WWW
Reply #14: Aug 25, 2010 02:26 PM

There are some .infos I buy at but you need tens of thousand of members or I know owner.  I own few infos and soon they will be gone.

Print

Jump to:  
Copyright © 2008-2021 eMoneySpace. All rights reserved.