eMoneySpace
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News: Welcome to eMoneySpace! Jun 28, 2022 06:50 PM

FREE Aurora Mod: Review/Edit/Delete News sections
Print
Author Topic: FREE Aurora Mod: Review/Edit/Delete News sections  (Read 6850 times)
757jterrell

Referrals: 0

Get a site from the OWNERS of the script!!!

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2010 01:45 PM

Hello all,

A lot of admins have been asking for this mod. This should work on all auroras. This mod will be standard in the SDR 2 and in the SDR Basic (update date 6-15-10).  What we want to do is go from this:

To this:

First thing we want to do is make a delete file called admin2/delete_news.php  and here are the contents of that file:

<?
$sql=$Db1->query("DELETE FROM news WHERE id='$id'");
$Db1->sql_close();
header("Location: admin.php?view=admin&ac=news&".$url_variables."");
?>

*******************************************************************************************
Second, we want to create an edit file called admin2/edit_news.php and here are the contents of that file:

<?
$includes[title]="Edit News Sections";

if($action == "edit") {
   $Db1->query("UPDATE news SET
      title='".addslashes($title)."',
      news='".addslashes($news)."',
      dsub='".time()."'
      WHERE id='$id'");
      $Db1->sql_close();
      header("Location: admin.php?view=admin&ac=news&".$url_variables."");
}

$sql=$Db1->query("SELECT * FROM news WHERE id='$id'");
$faq=$Db1->fetch_array($sql);

$includes[content]="
<div align=\"Center\">
<form action=\"admin.php?view=admin&ac=edit_news&action=edit&id=$id&".$url_variables."\" method=\"post\">
<table>
   <tr>
      <td>News Tilte</td>
      <td><input type=\"text\" name=\"title\" value=\"".htmlentities(stripslashes($faq[title]))."\" size=\"35\"></td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
      <td>News Message:</td>
      <td>
         <textarea name=\"news\" cols=25 rows=5>".htmlentities(stripslashes($faq[news]))."</textarea><br />
         <br>
      </td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
      <td colspan=2 align=\"center\"><input type=\"submit\" value=\"Update News\"></td>
   </tr>
</table>
</form>
</div>
";
?>

*****************************************************************************************************

Third and last, we want to update the admin2/news.php file. Best bet is to cut out the old code and paste in this new code:

<?
$includes[title]="Manage News";
if($action == "add") {
   $sql=$Db1->query("INSERT INTO news SET title='".addslashes($title)."', dsub='".time()."', news='".addslashes($news)."'");
}

$sql=$Db1->query("SELECT * FROM news ORDER BY title");
for($x=0; $title=$Db1->fetch_array($sql); $x++) {
   $titlelist.="<option value=\"$title[id]\">".htmlentities(stripslashes($title[title]))."";
   $sql2=$Db1->query("SELECT * FROM news WHERE title='$title[id]'");
      $sql2=$Db1->query("SELECT * FROM news");
      $faqs="";
   while($faq=$Db1->fetch_array($sql2)) {
      $faqs.="<option value=\"$faq[id]\">".htmlentities(stripslashes($faq[title]))."";
   }

$thelist.="
   <tr class=\"tableHL1\">
      <td><b><big>$title[title]</big></b></td>
      <td align=\"right\" width=75>
         <small>
            <a href=\"admin.php?view=admin&ac=edit_news&id=$title[id]&".$url_variables."\">Edit</a> :
            <a href=\"admin.php?view=admin&ac=delete_news&id=$title[id]&".$url_variables."\" onclick=\"return confirm('Are you sure you want to delete this?')\">Delete</a>
         </small>
      </td>
   </tr>            

</tr>
   ";
}

$includes[content]="
<form name=\"faqform\">
<table width=\"100%\">
   $thelist
</table>
</form>
<form method=\"post\" action=\"admin.php?view=admin&ac=news&action=add&".$url_variables."\">
<center>
<table>
   <tr>
      <td>News Title</td>
      <td><input type=\"text\" name=\"title\"></td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
      <td colspan=2>News Message:<br /><textarea name=\"news\" cols=25 rows=5></textarea></td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
      <td align=\"center\" colspan=2><input type=\"submit\" value=\"Add News\"></td>
   </tr>
</table>
</center>
</form>
";
?>

***********************************************************************************************
This is what the edit news page will look like:

maderitescripts

Referrals: 4

NO Lounging

View Profile
Reply #1: May 31, 2010 09:02 AM

nice copying of ideas yet again lol

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.  (John Stuart Mill)
757jterrell

View Profile WWW
Reply #2: May 31, 2010 09:53 AM

nice copying of ideas yet again lol

LOL, this was one that is a good one and to be honest, was needed long ago. This is how the script was supposed to have been done. You know, under that same format as the FAQs. That is why its being released free. But, you guys are more than welcome to charge for installation.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010 10:24 AM by 757jterrell » Logged

maderitescripts

NO Lounging

View Profile
Reply #3: May 31, 2010 10:52 AM

yeah and we all can clearly see what your up to but oh well it may not be illegal but yet again shows the lacking of morals on your part and to what extremes you will go...but hey the great thing is its a two way street .......... XD

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.  (John Stuart Mill)
757jterrell

View Profile WWW
Reply #4: May 31, 2010 11:22 AM

OK,  how is making our own version of something immoral? 

Addons

Referrals: 3

View Profile WWW
Reply #5: May 31, 2010 11:55 AM

It will be more easy for us if u can give us the 3 php files so that we can add this files into our host

Lead Capture Page, Email Template, Image Croping/removing Background etc... PTCevolution, Gen4, Aurora GPT, Xeon, Zeus (Template, Banners)
FJWorld

Referrals: 42

Let's Work Together!

View Profile WWW
Reply #6: May 31, 2010 12:37 PM

It will be more easy for us if u can give us the 3 php files so that we can add this files into our host

Well the instructions are pretty clear.

If you want I can implement the change for your site.

757jterrell

View Profile WWW
Reply #7: May 31, 2010 01:05 PM

FJ,  I have no problems with you stating in this thread or the other free one how much you would charge for installation. 

maderitescripts

NO Lounging

View Profile
Reply #8: May 31, 2010 01:43 PM

seems funny soon as i release a addon for sale it appears in dev area for free and you dont think copying ideas is immoral lol ok that expalins alot ......... whats even funnier is now your fixing to see howit feels as we released admin messages since beta of mrv5 and iw ill gladly post the free code in athread here andyou can deal with giving back peoples resell rights money ...

757jterrell

View Profile WWW
Reply #9: May 31, 2010 02:03 PM

I think someone is upset. Because he is not the only one anymore with these addons.  der

And parks, ideas are like the gini, once they are out of the bottle, they are out. Please get over it and if you have nothing constructive to say, please stay out of this thread
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010 02:05 PM by 757jterrell » Logged

twilight

View Profile
Reply #10: May 31, 2010 02:35 PM

I know I have no say so in this. But in my opinion JT you are ripping maderite off. If he came up with it then why go and steal it and make it your own. If you don't think that is wrong then there is something wrong with you. The man spent hours coding those days weeks who knows how long. And because you are to lazy to do it your self you steal his. I have had business with you in past JT and not happy with how you did me. And looks to me like you are still doing the same thing you did to me just to someone else now. It is wrong if you stop and think about it. I would be mad too if someone stole my work and just gave it away. Why don't you just get selling rights and sell it for couple dollars or whatever. Just because you don't get along with someone does not mean you should steal their hard work. Just my thoughts.
757jterrell

View Profile WWW
Reply #11: May 31, 2010 02:39 PM

Let me see, am I using the same code NOPE< so how is that ripping him off?? Competitors copy ideas from each other every day of the week. If you do not like it, then don't use our mods.

I did not steal his work, its our own version of an idea. Stealing would be if I used his code and did it the same way.

And I do not even know who you are, what have I supposedly stolen from you??
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010 02:42 PM by 757jterrell » Logged

twilight

View Profile
Reply #12: May 31, 2010 02:41 PM

I don't I go to the real thing and get my stuff. JT did not say you stole from me for say. I said that we had done some business in the past and would never do it again.
757jterrell

View Profile WWW
Reply #13: May 31, 2010 02:42 PM

Oh good, then you have no reason to be in this thread. Good bye  mrgreen

twilight

View Profile
Reply #14: May 31, 2010 02:43 PM

yes I do. You have this on public forum there for I can say what I wish to anything you post on here.
Print

Jump to:  
Copyright © 2008-2022 eMoneySpace. All rights reserved.