eMoneySpace
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News: Welcome to eMoneySpace! Apr 17, 2021 12:21 AM

Sewing
Print
Author Topic: Sewing  (Read 656 times)
lingtenlouifrar

Referrals: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2020 06:58 AM

I learned to sew when I was 13 years old. Summer of Love, 1967. Those six weeks taught me to make a zippered skirt, a faceted dress and a buttoned blouse. From that class, I looked at clothes and learned how to make clothes with lining, sleeves with insert, holes with tied buttons, flat seams, tied seams, curtains with feathers and blankets.
I had made my pinchpleat curtains, lined and a tablecloth suitable with napkins made of sheet material, because it is big and wide and had a beautiful pattern.
stagbucarpruspe

View Profile
Reply #1: May 06, 2020 07:43 AM

I started to sew when I was 16 years old. I went for the whole summer to my granny. She lives in a small village far away from city and civilization. She even doesn’t have there internet connection and hot tap water is missing from time to time.  At first when my mother said that I will go for the summer in the village I went nuts. However as soon as I found myself there I discovered the old vintage sewing machine Wheeler & Wilson which granny didn’t use anymore, but in perfect conditions. I started to sew many simple things like drawstring bags, keychain chapstick holders and sunglasses cases. The summer passes but my passion to sewing not. Since that summer I sew almost everyday, but more complicated things.
« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2020 01:27 AM by ~Money~ » Logged
henrywilson

View Profile
Reply #2: May 06, 2020 08:57 AM

I started to sew when I was 16 years old. I went for the whole summer to my granny. She lives in a small village far away from city and civilization. She even doesn’t have there internet connection and hot tap water is missing from time to time.  At first when my mother said that I will go for the summer in the village I went nuts. However as soon as I found myself there I discovered the old vintage sewing machine Wheeler & Wilson which granny didn’t use anymore, but in perfect conditions. I started to sew many simple things like drawstring bags, keychain chapstick holders and sunglasses cases. The summer passes but my passion to sewing not. Since that summer I sew almost everyday, but more complicated things.

OMG you where so young when you started to sew. I believe you have a powerful sewing machine. I want to order one soon and I will check your recommendation as well.
« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2020 01:27 AM by ~Money~ » Logged
Print

Jump to:  
Copyright © 2008-2021 eMoneySpace. All rights reserved.