eMoneySpace
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News: Earn your money online safely here at eMoneySpace. Jan 28, 2023 12:10 am

1st hurdle already..
Print
Author Topic: 1st hurdle already..  (Read 3138 times)

Referrals: 0

View Profile WWW
Feb 03, 2010 05:01 pm

To most of you good folks this is probably a really nooby question but I did have a good search and couldn't find any related topics, posts, guides or tutorials on both ems and on google.

I took a screeny so hopefully it should explain nicely as to what my issue is, what I don't know is how to fix it or what file(s) I should be concentrating on.

Any help, tips or advice would be awesome!

Thanks in advance,

Steve.

« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2010 05:04 pm by 17910 » Logged

SnoorkAdvertiser

View Profile WWW
Reply #1: Feb 03, 2010 05:08 pm

Could you please provide more information.

- Are you trying to remove the "Home - Payment Proof - News - Purchase - View Ads - Register - Login - Help" section?

or

- Are you trying to modify the "Home - Payment Proof - News - Purchase - View Ads - Register - Login - Help" section?

I believe the top menu can be modified or removed in the header.php file on the server, but I'm not sure on 100% since I do not have major in coding.

Snoork Hosting - Enterprise PTC Web Hosting | DDoS Protected
99.9% Network Uptime | 15 Minute Ticket Response Time | 24/7 Live Chat
Check Out Our PTC Web Hosting Specials For Amazing Discounts & Promotions

View Profile WWW
Reply #2: Feb 03, 2010 05:25 pm

Hi there! thanks for the quick reply, yes I'm trying to remove the "Home - Payment Proof - News - Purchase - View Ads - Register - Login - Help" section and move the site stats information.

I had a feeling it would be the layout_header.php file, I don't want to tamper with that one too much.

Edit: I was editing the home.php when it should have been layout_header.php, D'oh! I just moved the code from home to layout and that pretty much cured my issue, I might be able to figure out how to move the stats info now! thanks for helping! dance2

Steve.
« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2010 05:42 pm by 17910 » Logged

Delusional

Referrals: 6

GPSBlack Creator

View Profile WWW
Reply #3: Feb 03, 2010 06:48 pm

you need to edit layout.php

View Profile WWW
Reply #4: Feb 03, 2010 11:11 pm

Yeah I just realised and came back to post that! this should be easy now.. just need some quiet time  pray

maderitescripts

Referrals: 4

NO Lounging

View Profile
Reply #5: Feb 04, 2010 07:39 am

to steve and anyone else needing help with this i will break it down for you

designs in aurora are controlled by the following things
l
layout.php-this controls what is basically the template everything in the header footer and laeft and right sides of site this is where your main template work should be done

Home.php-this is the content part of yur site for the homepage only

layout_header.php-this controls a few of the extras such as your stats layout not a whole lot to alter here

layout.css-this is your main layout css file that handles your run of the mill css for the iste

components.css-this runs css for different modules and common files on the sites like the banner area the special buy layout drop boxes in members section and alot of smaller things like my account menu etc.

hope that helped some.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.  (John Stuart Mill)

View Profile WWW
Reply #6: Feb 04, 2010 09:06 am

Definately helps, thanks a lot! I've decided to carry on trying myself but in the meantime I PM'd a job offer to a member here as I would like the site all ready for valentines day if possible.

I'll be hopefully designing my own templates soon!

Thanks again,

Steve.

Print

Jump to:  
Copyright © 2008-2023 eMoneySpace. All rights reserved.