eMoneySpace
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News: Welcome to eMoneySpace! Oct 06, 2022 08:40 am

Convert website to an Android Application. Is it a good idea?[DISCUSSION CLOSED]
Print
Author Topic: Convert website to an Android Application. Is it a good idea?[DISCUSSION CLOSED]  (Read 1094 times)
hardikmanktala

Referrals: 0

The world has amazing graphics!

View Profile
Aug 18, 2015 10:39 pm

Hello there,

I was thinking of starting a new business of converting a website to an Android Application. I just wanted to ask, if it's worth it? Is it in demand? Will it help me earn some cash?

Thanks
« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2015 11:18 am by hardikmanktala » Logged
CodeBeast

What doesn't kill you breaks you mentally.

View Profile
Reply #1: Aug 19, 2015 07:53 am

Hello there,

I was thinking of starting a new business of converting a website to an Android Application. I just wanted to ask, if it's worth it? Is it in demand? Will it help me earn some cash?

Thanks

Yes, it is kinda on demand - depends on the site - but mind that you basically have to rewrite ALL the websites functionalities in JAVA (not just a plain webview) and to create secured webservices in order to communicate with the DB.
Usually, you can charge from $0 to $∞ (depending on the complexity of the website), but, if you're a beginner in android, I don't suggest to start such business, as you will fail on the security points.
hardikmanktala

The world has amazing graphics!

View Profile
Reply #2: Aug 19, 2015 09:17 am

Yes, it is kinda on demand - depends on the site - but mind that you basically have to rewrite ALL the websites functionalities in JAVA (not just a plain webview) and to create secured webservices in order to communicate with the DB.
Usually, you can charge from $0 to $∞ (depending on the complexity of the website), but, if you're a beginner in android, I don't suggest to start such business, as you will fail on the security points.

Oo, I was thinking of using basic Webview, well thanks for the information. I won't do it then. Do you have any other ideas I can work on? I know GFX, PHP and C#. Thanks
tpramar

Referrals: 4

Cryptocurrency trader

View Profile
Reply #3: Aug 19, 2015 09:44 am

If you are thinking of creating a basic webview then it is a bad idea because there are sites which offers it for free, like the below one

http://www.appsgeyser.com

Trading cryptocurrencies and participating in ICOs since May 2017
Print

Jump to:  
Copyright © 2008-2022 eMoneySpace. All rights reserved.