eMoneySpace
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News: Welcome to eMoneySpace! Aug 12, 2022 04:12 pm

Server Downtime
Print
Author Topic: Server Downtime  (Read 1193 times)
jjohnson777

Referrals: 8

View Profile WWW
Jun 20, 2015 08:07 pm

Well the third bad event of this week happened now can stop worrying as good and bad things comes in 3.  Now I can start looking for good as I usually have good luck after bad.

First, lost DSL for 3 days.  I did get to play games for first time in 3-6 months due to that.  But lets just say family learned me and my nephew go nuts without Internet to keep us entertained they still debating which of us worse than other.  My money on my nephew as I taught him every bad trait I have and he quickly showing he has potential to outshine me.  Know I did not get into games like he did until I was much older.

Second, Friday lost Air Conditioning for 24 hours.  My room got to 90 degrees before got fixed.  I have 8 fans 3 of which the good type made of metal.  I see that not enough so just ordered another $100 all metal commercial grade 20 inch box fan.  My family was happy with my paranoid stocking up on stuff when ac broke.  I buy 2-4 new fans a year as I want to never be without enough of them.  I buy them online as local stores sell the cheapo plastic garbage ones.

Now on to third event thankfully my demo site on their so my designer notified me shortly after my main advertising source notified me or it would of been 2am when saw did not get email saying backups ran before I noticed.  bad timing my family going on vacation to the beach.  I rare person who hates beaches and especially hate resort we stay out as it has fancy furniture but no recliner all furniture made for toothpick people not a fattened pig that I am.  I never go but I do plan to work hard on important stuff without being bothered during that time.  My 4 cats love fact I hate all modern forms of traveling so I staying hoe with them instead of them visiting the vet for 8-9 days.

Hi Jeffrey,

I found the problem. The SSD on the server has turned into read mode only and no data was being written to the SSD. When trying to access the IP, the cPanel default website page was coming up, which indicted that the server was online. When trying to login to the server via SSH and accessing either cPanel or WHM, the server was giving invalid credentials as it could not write any data to the storage device. I have rebooted the server to try and resolve the problem with the SSD. Unfortunately upon the server reboot, the SSD is no longer being detected. This indicates that the SSD has failed and needs replacement. The SSD that you got in that server is a brand new samsung 840 Pro SSD and to see it fail so soon after just 2 - 3 months is extremely odd as we have the same SSDs running for couple years now without any failures. I guess it was just a bad luck with that specific SSD. I'll check really quick to see if we have any equivalent SSDs in stock and I'll have it replaced on your server.

I checked your backup storage to see if you have any available backups and you have the most recent backups from today, June 20th, so that is good.

---
Sincerely,

Snoork Hosting
« Last Edit: Jun 20, 2015 08:28 pm by jjohnson777 » Logged

jjohnson777

Referrals: 8

View Profile WWW
Reply #1: Jun 21, 2015 12:36 am

Server restored.  Good way end a week.   rofl

Print

Jump to:  
Copyright © 2008-2022 eMoneySpace. All rights reserved.