eMoneySpace
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News: Welcome to eMoneySpace! Dec 04, 2022 09:15 am

Why 99 cent 1&1 domain not worth it
Print
Author Topic: Why 99 cent 1&1 domain not worth it  (Read 6240 times)
jjohnson777

Referrals: 8

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015 04:26 pm

http://help.1and1.com/domains-c36931/transfer-domains-c79823/within-1and1-c38670/transfer-a-domain-from-one-account-to-another-a598300.html

20 step process for internal transfer

And see 5 years not fix error so have wait for their slow as 200 year lady support.

http://www.emoneyspace.com/forum/index.php/topic,8534.0.html they ripped off Northowl on a server

So if buy from them know come selling time smart people hate them

Well I saved enough on 4 other sites it be worth hassle

demonicsheikh

Referrals: 0

I am on work leave Amigos.... Leave a PM

View Profile WWW
Reply #1: May 15, 2015 01:13 am

Johnson i too got ripped off by them but not at the domains or hosting but in affiliate commission  Angry

They stole almost $16 from my account claiming as charge back Angry

You can see my thread on Blachhatworld in Commission junction corner.

My advice only use them for first year and then transfer to Namecheap because i don't like Godaddy either running business with Mafia tactics  thumbs down

jjohnson777

View Profile WWW
Reply #2: May 15, 2015 07:02 am

12+ hours after updated dns settings they yet to update

They slow but they in no hurry more free ads for them as when they do internal transfer they switch to their ns so now they getting free advertising.

Looks like site be going dead.

Mind you every other registrar ok with ns used.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015 07:08 am by jjohnson777 » Logged

demonicsheikh

View Profile WWW
Reply #3: May 15, 2015 07:14 am

12+ hours after updated dns settings they yet to update

They slow but they in no hurry more free ads for them as when they do internal transfer they switch to their ns so now they getting free advertising.

Looks like site be going dead.

Mind you every other registrar ok with ns used.

That is strange. Usually my DNS changes within an hour or so. no idea

jjohnson777

View Profile WWW
Reply #4: May 15, 2015 01:17 pm

Going take 5 days for transfer to occur this is why I tell kiddies not use 1&1 past 5 years when first ran into this arrogant company.

demonicsheikh

View Profile WWW
Reply #5: May 15, 2015 01:31 pm

Going take 5 days for transfer to occur this is why I tell kiddies not use 1&1 past 5 years when first ran into this arrogant company.

You learn from your mistakes i guess  Tongue

jjohnson777

View Profile WWW
Reply #6: May 15, 2015 02:12 pm

The domains 99 cents for reason they suck so bad only way get dummies fall for their sorry company.  I might hate GoDaddy but they saint compared to this company.  At least with GoDaddy can use it before they let you transfer out.  I hate fact GoDaddy does not let you transfer out 45 days after internal transfer.

demonicsheikh

View Profile WWW
Reply #7: May 15, 2015 03:52 pm

The domains 99 cents for reason they suck so bad only way get dummies fall for their sorry company.  I might hate GoDaddy but they saint compared to this company.  At least with GoDaddy can use it before they let you transfer out.  I hate fact GoDaddy does not let you transfer out 45 days after internal transfer.

I think no one is angel in domain business  Evil False advertising and whatnot.

Myrgeddin

T airgead ach fuinnimh! Ceadaigh !

View Profile WWW
Reply #8: May 15, 2015 11:32 pm

1&1 tried to small claims sue me for choosing to cancel and not pay for my hosting and renewal with them a few years ago with one of my sites because I called and canceled my service with them BEFORE my next due date. All of $9.95 for the domain and hosting renewal for another year  der der der rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl The judge was even laughing that day.

Finally they sent it to collection to try and get the money from me after the case was thrown out. So $65 in court filing fees and $0.25 on the dollar payment ($2.25) for a $9.95 collection claim adds up to -$52.80.  der der der

So... not only are they arrogant, they might possibly even be insane der no idea

demonicsheikh

View Profile WWW
Reply #9: May 16, 2015 02:04 am

1&1 tried to small claims sue me for choosing to cancel and not pay for my hosting and renewal with them a few years ago with one of my sites because I called and canceled my service with them BEFORE my next due date. All of $9.95 for the domain and hosting renewal for another year  der der der rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl The judge was even laughing that day.

Finally they sent it to collection to try and get the money from me after the case was thrown out. So $65 in court filing fees and $0.25 on the dollar payment ($2.25) for a $9.95 collection claim adds up to -$52.80.  der der der

So... not only are they arrogant, they might possibly even be insane der no idea

Lol they sued you?  rofl

Myrgeddin

T airgead ach fuinnimh! Ceadaigh !

View Profile WWW
Reply #10: May 16, 2015 04:18 pm

Lol they sued you?  rofl

Yup rofl For canceling my service with them.  rofl der

demonicsheikh

View Profile WWW
Reply #11: May 17, 2015 02:19 am

Yup rofl For canceling my service with them.  rofl der

So i should be ready for it because gonna leave them soon  rofl

jjohnson777

View Profile WWW
Reply #12: May 17, 2015 03:47 pm

Took me two-three years to get them leave me alone never got domains back.

Only got it taking care of as went to facebook.  Some stupid companies even that does not fix problems.

No sane person uses them but thank after trouble I had person I bought from see the 99 cent domains not worth it.

October 31, 2005 got following email from moneymakergroup.com:

Hello everyone,

I wanted to let you know that MMG is back up today and is now running on the new much faster server.

The last couple days have been extremely stressful while I was trying to communicate with the incompetent techs over at 1and1.com but now that MMG is on a new server hosted by a completely different company, everything seems nice and fast with no problems at all.

The MoneyMakerGroup.com domain name will take 1-2 days to fully propagate and point to the new server, so in the meantime, you will need to use this temporary URL to access MMG.

Temporary URL --->  http://216.227.213.22/~money8/

Im sorry about the problems during the last couple days. Hopefully everything will be smooth from now on.

Jason

Temporary URL --->  http://216.227.213.22/~money8/

So not only did they rip off me, Northowl, and few others at EMS they messed with MMG way back in 2005.  Just proves they gotten worse not better in past decade.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015 03:54 pm by jjohnson777 » Logged

jjohnson777

View Profile WWW
Reply #13: May 30, 2015 11:44 am

I lost year when transferred to namecheap so I be filling dispute with my credit card since did not get what paid for from 1&1.

jjohnson777

View Profile WWW
Reply #14: Jun 05, 2015 05:46 pm

Yesterday bought another site with 1&1 only due price and as turns out was Evolution Script which made it even more of a bargin.

Took 5-6 hours get it transferred internally than few more hours them update nameservers.

So still big headache any other registar.

Print

Jump to:  
Copyright © 2008-2022 eMoneySpace. All rights reserved.