eMoneySpace
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News: Earn your money online safely here at eMoneySpace. Oct 26, 2020 09:37 PM

Why Spam is allowed?
Print
Author Topic: Why Spam is allowed?  (Read 2993 times)
setes777

Referrals: 0

View Profile
Mar 31, 2014 12:04 PM

I'm wondering how NorthOwl allow  users spamming?how this can benefit the forum?the forum will be veryyy slow! Can the servers.handle that?
I want opinions from the:
-Staff (mostly NorthOwl)
-Spammers :p
- some random users

donatien

Referrals: 4

I'm not donatien @bitcointalk thank U (‿)凸

View Profile
Reply #1: Mar 31, 2014 12:09 PM

[Spam Removed mrgreen  that was funny Tongue]
« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2014 12:43 PM by Mak » Logged

Bitcoin Ninja, Unregulated Banker, SysAdmin in my bathroom | Member of the Chaintech foundation (Conventions, Meetings, Awareness, Education, Support)
There are a lot of people working on great projects. There are also people working on junk and marketing it as "blockchain."
setes777

View Profile
Reply #2: Mar 31, 2014 12:18 PM

Donatien bro i didnt make that thread to continue your spamming carrer!
I made it to discuss and to give feedbacks for that option in ems...:p

donatien

View Profile
Reply #3: Mar 31, 2014 12:35 PM

ok let's talk

by spamming you mean people posting theirs ref links,site links ect in discussions Huh?

they are always removed as soon seen by the staff  no idea

Bitcoin Ninja, Unregulated Banker, SysAdmin in my bathroom | Member of the Chaintech foundation (Conventions, Meetings, Awareness, Education, Support)
There are a lot of people working on great projects. There are also people working on junk and marketing it as "blockchain."
Mak

Referrals: 43

Shoot me a PM if you need Help!!!

View Profile WWW
Reply #4: Mar 31, 2014 12:42 PM

Who says spam is allowed Undecided
Edition to the post, as donatien said Staff do remove all the spam posts as soon as we see them, but since EMS is a huge forum so its always helpful if members report the spammy content.
« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2014 12:50 PM by Mak » Logged
JustClick

Referrals: 1

View Profile WWW
Reply #5: Mar 31, 2014 01:38 PM

His indication is on " Count upto 1 Million " type of thread.

if we see technically behind those kind of thread , they are consuming huge amount of DB space. Not just bcoz someone wrote " 139005 " but bcoz every post is having " username , signature , date, modifcation, email, websitename etc " to generate those post when user click the link it gives huge amount of load on DB to generate the thread for him.  And in return it will give nothing to forum contribution .. yes but it make spammer active on board and let them stay online for more hours. While good post attract news users toward board from search engines and backlinks.
« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2014 01:41 PM by JustClick » Logged

donatien

View Profile
Reply #6: Mar 31, 2014 07:28 PM

but he use it  Roll Eyes

cngohar

View Profile
Reply #7: Mar 31, 2014 08:18 PM

what happened when someone want to build post count....the OP is still using KING Tongue thread many times....

i think good spam is allowed big grin
JustClick

Referrals: 1

View Profile WWW
Reply #8: Apr 01, 2014 02:30 AM

what happened when someone want to build post count....the OP is still using KING Tongue thread many times....

i think good spam is allowed big grin

May be ! it is totally dependent of Owners choice. I told my view.

Viper

View Profile
Reply #9: Apr 01, 2014 04:20 AM

ems is spammers  paradise Evil
setes777

View Profile
Reply #10: Apr 01, 2014 06:44 AM

Yes as Justclick said i mean the threads in chit-chat main which are all useless to a forum...also why its so important for you cngohar to build your post count? Ok i agree that you want the elite badge,but supposed the elite badge  destine for helpful  and important users!

NorthOwl

Referrals: 109

View Profile WWW
Reply #11: Apr 01, 2014 03:26 PM

if we see technically behind those kind of thread , they are consuming huge amount of DB space. Not just bcoz someone wrote " 139005 " but bcoz every post is having " username , signature , date, modifcation, email, websitename etc " to generate those post when user click the link it gives huge amount of load on DB to generate the thread for him.  And in return it will give nothing to forum contribution .. yes but it make spammer active on board and let them stay online for more hours. While good post attract news users toward board from search engines and backlinks.

Good post, you are totally correct about the resource usage, but there are also (some) plus sides to the forum games. You have highlighted an issue I will look into more though. EMS server is not overloaded yet, and if it ever comes to that point we will just upgrade. I think the EMS slow issues described in the other thread or connection related issues. I monitor EMS server closely and yes it does have some instances of slowdown due to database overload but those do not last more than a few minutes. The only other slowdown times are when EMS server is optimizing its database or taking backups.

If you need assistance on EMS please contact Admin Mak
Print

Jump to:  
Copyright © 2008-2020 eMoneySpace. All rights reserved.