eMoneySpace
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News: Earn your money online safely here at eMoneySpace. Sep 29, 2022 04:47 am

How easy would it be to transfer PTC Evo to new server.
Print
Author Topic: How easy would it be to transfer PTC Evo to new server.  (Read 1331 times)
99cents

Referrals: 0

View Profile WWW
Jan 18, 2014 03:18 pm

How easy would it be to transfer PTC Evo to new server.

Is it as easy as me just copying the files/database from one server to the next and setting up cron jobs. Or will i have to load original script and run the install file and then copy the files?

I know i have to redirect domain. that's not a issue. 

SnoorkAdvertiser

View Profile WWW
Reply #1: Jan 18, 2014 03:40 pm

Exactly! Just transferring files, databases, and cron jobs. Be careful thought, as PTCEvolution files are encrypted, so you can't just zip them up from file manager and then export them on a new hosting service. They need to be either transferred via FTP, cPanel to cPanel transfer, or restored from backups.

You can just contact your new hosting provider and have them transfer the site for you. Most hosting providers offer free site transfer, and its quick.

Snoork Hosting - Enterprise PTC Web Hosting | DDoS Protected
99.9% Network Uptime | 15 Minute Ticket Response Time | 24/7 Live Chat
Check Out Our PTC Web Hosting Specials For Amazing Discounts & Promotions
Gergo

View Profile WWW
Reply #2: Jan 18, 2014 04:36 pm

Exactly! Just transferring files, databases, and cron jobs. Be careful thought, as PTCEvolution files are encrypted, so you can't just zip them up from file manager and then export them on a new hosting service. They need to be either transferred via FTP, cPanel to cPanel transfer, or restored from backups.

You can just contact your new hosting provider and have them transfer the site for you. Most hosting providers offer free site transfer, and its quick.
+1

Also if you contact your new hosting provider, I am 99% sure, they would migrate your site to their server for free. thumbs up

99cents

View Profile WWW
Reply #3: Jan 18, 2014 04:51 pm

Thank you for the input you gave me the answer I was looking for.  thumbs up

Print

Jump to:  
Copyright © 2008-2022 eMoneySpace. All rights reserved.