eMoneySpace
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News: Welcome to eMoneySpace! Dec 06, 2022 10:38 am

New Script, new Company on the way!
Print
Author Topic: New Script, new Company on the way!  (Read 12531 times)
lynnj

Referrals: 376

Software Engineer

View Profile WWW
Reply #60: Apr 05, 2013 03:58 pm

It seems like we misunderstood each other. By frameworks you mean, what? It's a vague term, but it's usually employed in context of templating system.

I am talking about things like kohana, codeignighter, yii, cake php, symphony,    there are tons of them Smiley .

PHP/MYSQL developer. Current works in progress Smiley .
BuxCrowd

Referrals: 0

View Profile WWW
Reply #61: Apr 05, 2013 10:20 pm

I am talking about things like kohana, codeignighter, yii, cake php, symphony,    there are tons of them Smiley .

go with Codeigniter if you have not started yet, light, fast and comes with great xss and database security. we always use codeigniter..best in the business
wiicker95

Referrals: 1

View Profile
Reply #62: Apr 06, 2013 12:33 am

Now it's clear.

I am sorry to say it, but using php frameworks or any other other frameworks (jq, less asshattery, cakephp for that matter), only shows the ineptitude of your developers. If they persuaded you into using them, change them, and fast! So since I get it, lemme quote your previous post.

As well as the speed of the framework and taking advantage of Alternative PHP cache system.

Yeah, yeah, that's true - NOT. How can throwing more code at something make it faster? It doesn't. Much like peeps who blow 100's of k's of code to do 10k's job, then whine about the speed. What's the solution for them? Adding accelerating plugis. As if...
If there's any argument, the speed is certainly not one. And sanitization? It makes it unreadable and really tuff to maintain, but at the end of the day, you blow a lot more of bytes. If a developer is familiar with using, say, Zend, then Yii or cakephp will be like chinese to them (assuming they aren't chinese, LOL).

Your script, your call, but there's never a good reason to use frameworks, only bad ones.
Warz

Programmer

View Profile
Reply #63: Apr 06, 2013 07:27 am

By not using a framework you are kind of reinventing the wheel. Even without a framework, you still use a framework, your own... and it's very unlikely to compete with those developed and fine justed over many years by others..

Personally I would go with kohana rather than codeigniter, I have worked with both but changed to kohana as it's development is more up to date, i love codeigniter too though. And Jeremy good idea to go with php/mysql as it's most widespread, I think you'll lose many sales if you went the ASP, people wants a language they already know and can work with and there are more php people vs asp.

Anyways, best of luck with your script! You're gonna have a tough time competing with our upcoming admin panel, I think, but competition is part of the fun right  Wink

lynnj

Software Engineer

View Profile WWW
Reply #64: Apr 06, 2013 02:13 pm

go with Codeigniter if you have not started yet, light, fast and comes with great xss and database security. we always use codeigniter..best in the business

I am not the one coding my script, but right now I am dabbling with frameworks and so far I do enjoy code igniter, lots of documentation and tutorials and im starting to get the hang of it. Built a simple membership system so far with login /register/ member dashboard so far big grin . I have never done web development specifically but maybe in my spare time I will focus on it more, for me I would learn this stuff faster if I had a reference dude to check my work and tell me what I am doing wrong in many cases.

BuxCrowd

View Profile WWW
Reply #65: Apr 07, 2013 12:21 am

I am not the one coding my script, but right now I am dabbling with frameworks and so far I do enjoy code igniter, lots of documentation and tutorials and im starting to get the hang of it. Built a simple membership system so far with login /register/ member dashboard so far big grin . I have never done web development specifically but maybe in my spare time I will focus on it more, for me I would learn this stuff faster if I had a reference dude to check my work and tell me what I am doing wrong in many cases.

You can count on me for any codeigniter help.... high5 high5 high5
lynnj

Software Engineer

View Profile WWW
Reply #66: Apr 07, 2013 01:05 am

You can count on me for any codeigniter help.... high5 high5 high5

PMed Wink .

dakshhmehta

View Profile WWW
Reply #67: Apr 09, 2013 02:28 am

Go for PyroCMS.com ( CodeIgniter based CMS ) which will enable you to make application easily..
Additionally, I can tell you that PyroCMS is far far better then WordPress ( from personal experience and I am one of the contributor to PyroCMS Project ).

Let me know if you need any kind of help for PyroCMS. I do provide unlimited support to pyrocms.

If you are thinking to make it open source, I will contribute like crazy to you Smiley

wiicker95

Referrals: 1

View Profile
Reply #68: Apr 09, 2013 09:03 am

By not using a framework you are kind of reinventing the wheel. Even without a framework, you still use a framework, your own... and it's very unlikely to compete with those developed and fine justed over many years by others..

And you really think what you wrote there?

@lynnj -- That is really disappointing. Or it is me overestimating this project? Both, I guess.
lynnj

Software Engineer

View Profile WWW
Reply #69: Apr 09, 2013 09:23 am

And you really think what you wrote there?

@lynnj -- That is really disappointing. Or it is me overestimating this project? Both, I guess.

I don't really know what you want lol, if you have this vision of how it needs to be coded than make something that you think is professional? How about you code a Login / Register / Member DashBoard / Admin Dashboard in php/html/sql and show me what your thinking as far as the structure.

lynnj

Software Engineer

View Profile WWW
Reply #70: Apr 26, 2013 12:47 am

Progress being made, decent skeleton created but it will be postponed a week or two as far as developent goes cause I'm swamped with program class exams and linear algebra as well as physics. But once I'm free I will be devoting a good amount of time to this project and my development partner.
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2013 12:51 am by lynnj » Logged

lynnj

Software Engineer

View Profile WWW
Reply #71: May 08, 2013 01:19 am

For all doubters who think I am bsing this, here is a little proof we are making progress. Will update with more goodies soon as well Wink .

defcon505

View Profile WWW
Reply #72: May 08, 2013 01:21 am

I love the admin panel.

lynnj

Software Engineer

View Profile WWW
Reply #73: May 08, 2013 01:27 am

I love the admin panel.

It's still REALLY early in development so don't fall in love yet till you see a finalized and more extensive coverage of what I have to offer Wink .

ptc2013

Referrals: 2

View Profile WWW
Reply #74: May 08, 2013 03:58 am

It's still REALLY early in development so don't fall in love yet till you see a finalized and more extensive coverage of what I have to offer Wink .
looking u to finalize it ASAP.

Print

Jump to:  
Copyright © 2008-2022 eMoneySpace. All rights reserved.