eMoneySpace
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News: Welcome to eMoneySpace! Dec 04, 2022 10:12 am

Starting a PTC or PTR website - is it worth it? Advice?
Print
Author Topic: Starting a PTC or PTR website - is it worth it? Advice?  (Read 6444 times)
DFerris1999

Referrals: 0

View Profile
Jul 16, 2008 03:07 am

Hi All!

I am considering starting up a PTC website of my own.  I would want it to be successful (of course) and reliable for members.  I have several questions running through my mind.  I guess the most important is - how much cash should a person have upfront for paying its members, expenses, etc. (beyond the cost of purchasing your website and script).  Speaking of scripts, which ones are the best? 

I notice several sites having downtime, and having member complaints, and so forth.  Is owning a PTC more of a headache than it's worth?  How much time per day does it take to run your PTC?  I would really appreciate any guidance or advice you would be willing to share.  Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Dee
stalin66

View Profile
Reply #1: Jul 18, 2008 06:26 am

Are you considering to profit from the site or want to run the site for a long time?
DFerris1999

View Profile
Reply #2: Jul 19, 2008 12:34 am

Hi!  Thanks for your reply/question!

Ideally, I would like to do both.  I realize it might not make a profit initially, but I would like it to hang around for a long time,  to make a profit, and be a good site for members.

Kind regards,

Dee
AlwayzKrunk
Reply #3: Jul 19, 2008 04:17 am

well your going to need a decent amount of money to start off with and you would need alot of free time to run your site ~ for like support & dealing with problems and bugs.
silverlight181

View Profile
Reply #4: Jul 24, 2008 04:01 pm

dude i  would have started my own site like that , but u need to invest in prolly a few hundreds if u ust want to sit back and evrything be done for u or u can work countless hours to build one urself and once ur done with u shouyldnt at all start with 0 dollars, ull need a few hundreds more to get ur site ou there for the world , submiting and making ur sit epopular and all that stradigies it gona take time. for whihc even im not prepared yet..
Skyfox

View Profile
Reply #5: Jul 25, 2008 05:10 am

It would be good if Will could chime in here and share his words of wisdom (he runs a few legit sites as most of you prob know)...

legolasoft

Referrals: 8

*banned*

View Profile
Reply #6: Jul 25, 2008 05:19 am

It would be good if Will could chime in here and share his words of wisdom (he runs a few legit sites as most of you prob know)...
many people wonders how willj do successfully  big grin

Delusional

Referrals: 6

GPSBlack Creator

View Profile WWW
Reply #7: Jul 30, 2008 08:00 am

you don't need alot of money to get the site known, all you need is word of mouth, if your site is that good ppl will advertise it for you. thats one of the flaws i think alot of site owners don't think of, why spend money on advertisement if your members will bring in the traffic for you?

but to be successful you will need a BIG wad of cash. to pay your members with, the more payments the more you should profit from, but only if the site is sustainable.

sabbie
Reply #8: Jul 30, 2008 08:43 am

you don't need alot of money to get the site known, all you need is word of mouth, if your site is that good ppl will advertise it for you. thats one of the flaws i think alot of site owners don't think of, why spend money on advertisement if your members will bring in the traffic for you?

but to be successful you will need a BIG wad of cash. to pay your members with, the more payments the more you should profit from, but only if the site is sustainable.

well said Grin  sounds like the voice of experience big grin
HentPT

Darwinism Evolution.

View Profile WWW
Reply #9: Jul 31, 2008 07:04 am

"Is owning a PTC more of a headache than it's worth?  How much time per day does it take to run your PTC?"

If you do everything carefully, and don't feel scared by investing (like desilusional said) thos WAD of dollars at first, your PTC will run. How much time per day does it take to run your PTC? Imagine yourself, in case you do not have an automatic payments script like neobux:

You have a big PTC, with 50000 members. You will do probably 30 payouts per day, so you need to check those members accounts to pay them (Thats time!). Then you have to answer Tons of emails per day, in case you haven't enlarged your team already. You can get forum with moderators, but members love to see the admin chatting with them, so its a little bit of more time that you require... and i'm sure i'm forgetting some variables here.

If your PTC gets big enough, you could make much money out of it, but money requires time!.

P.S: You can also contact someone and tell him your AP Password, so you have someone making payments. The problem is that there is a tiny chance that guy will "Overpay" himself, if you understand me  Tongue Grin.

Delusional

Referrals: 6

GPSBlack Creator

View Profile WWW
Reply #10: Aug 01, 2008 01:03 am

there is also the time invested into fixing code flaws, adding new features, backing up from a server screw up and anything else of that nature. Being a PTC owner is very time consuming. and you will not have very much time at all if you want to be successful.

oldbuddy

Internet Junkie

View Profile WWW
Reply #11: Aug 01, 2008 02:43 pm

I guess it comes down to seeing a big sign that says FREE BUFFET and a crowd of 50,000 people jamming the doorway. Would you rather fight your way in and take a chance anything will be left, or pick up a hot dog at the vendor across the street for a couple of bucks? I think I'll give my blessings to those who want to run an honest site and maybe even upgrade.

DFerris1999

View Profile
Reply #12: Aug 19, 2008 12:46 am

Thanks everyone for your input!  It was all very helpful!  I did end up deciding to start a site.  What can I say, I'm a workaholic, lol.  If anyone would like more information on what the experience has been like so far, the site name, or other information, please email/message me.

Kind regards,

Dee
hypercoloreyes

View Profile
Reply #13: Aug 23, 2008 10:02 am

This website might be helpful to you http://www.createagpt.com/
buxhelps

Referrals: 2

View Profile WWW
Reply #14: Mar 02, 2014 06:18 pm

We can help you ... Smiley

Start a Cryptocurrency of the future and a chance of a life time! Click here
Print

Jump to:  
Copyright © 2008-2022 eMoneySpace. All rights reserved.