eMoneySpace
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News: Welcome to eMoneySpace! Nov 28, 2022 07:03 pm

How do you setup aurora script to run at localhost?
Print
Author Topic: How do you setup aurora script to run at localhost?  (Read 8773 times)
FJWorld

Referrals: 42

Let's Work Together!

View Profile WWW
Jul 05, 2009 11:27 am

I seem to be having a proglem running my aurora script on localhost so I can do some development.

I use wamp server to do my other site development but for some reason I cannot get aurora to load properly in a local environment.

The php code does not get translated so a connection doesn't get established to the local database.

This problem is unique to the aurora script because my development environment works for everthing else.

Can someone that is familiar with developing/testing in a local environment offer any suggestion about getting my aurora script working locally.

alirex

Referrals: 6

Apna-Khel.com

View Profile WWW
Reply #1: Jul 05, 2009 11:45 am

I seem to be having a proglem running my aurora script on localhost so I can do some development.

I use wamp server to do my other site development but for some reason I cannot get aurora to load properly in a local environment.

The php code does not get translated so a connection doesn't get established to the local database.

This problem is unique to the aurora script because my development environment works for everthing else.

Can someone that is familiar with developing/testing in a local environment offer any suggestion about getting my aurora script working locally.

wamp / easyPHP both have no Curl / Cron so it is almost impossible to test Bux/Aurora or any script which have Timer Script.

AjayP

Referrals: 4

View Profile
Reply #2: Jul 05, 2009 11:49 am

wamp / easyPHP both have no Curl / Cron so it is almost impossible to test Bux/Aurora or any script which have Timer Script.
I used Xamp I believe it worked.
alirex

Apna-Khel.com

View Profile WWW
Reply #3: Jul 05, 2009 11:51 am

I used Xamp I believe it worked.

i tried on both but its always ends with error. but YOB 4.0 can work on it

FJWorld

Let's Work Together!

View Profile WWW
Reply #4: Jul 05, 2009 12:05 pm

Is it possible to comment out or disable part of the code ie. not load an include to get the script loaded.

What I want to do is play with my design/template but I don't want to constantly upload a change to the production server. That just doesn't make sense and it would likely scare away visitors.

Is there another option that I am overlooking?

AjayP

View Profile
Reply #5: Jul 05, 2009 12:14 pm

Is it possible to comment out or disable part of the code ie. not load an include to get the script loaded.

What I want to do is play with my design/template but I don't want to constantly upload a change to the production server. That just doesn't make sense and it would likely scare away visitors.

If your just messing with CSS you can go to you website. Go to File>Save As, and save your website and mess with the CSS.  XD Bad way to do it but I do it, less work.

Or you Could try FireBug.

Otherwise, can't you just put it on your online host under a folder? like fjPTC.com/testauroratemplate

so users wouldnt access it?
alirex

Apna-Khel.com

View Profile WWW
Reply #6: Jul 05, 2009 01:51 pm

Best idea i can give u make a free account on ATBHOST.NET which have same features as that of Purchased one, Make free account of 1GB + 5 GB bandwidth ( enough ) to test any script there.  Make free domain on co.cc or if u have any then fine.

and try all kind of Curl having script there. Once u got confidence that things are find and in your control try on Live website.

alirex

Apna-Khel.com

View Profile WWW
Reply #7: Jul 05, 2009 02:08 pm

Okay guys i got this :- http://h0t.in/?p=46

CURL is available in EasyPHP Version 3 download link is also there on blog

Apollo13

Referrals: 2

Be Cool

View Profile WWW
Reply #8: Jul 05, 2009 03:10 pm

The key to the script is unique to the domain, if u test it on a free domain wouldn't it be invalid if u run the site? i wanna do the same thing before to test my design but couldn't figure out how either.

MatrixIS

Referrals: 0

View Profile WWW
Reply #9: Jul 05, 2009 06:52 pm

The key to the script is unique to the domain, if u test it on a free domain wouldn't it be invalid if u run the site? i wanna do the same thing before to test my design but couldn't figure out how either.

this is what i also though , i had to run my tests on a nulled script with free hosting ***I DO NOT USE A NULLED SCRIPT FOR MY PTC SITE IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME CONTACT SWS**

FJWorld

Let's Work Together!

View Profile WWW
Reply #10: Jul 05, 2009 08:01 pm

Otherwise, can't you just put it on your online host under a folder? like fjPTC.com/testauroratemplate

so users wouldnt access it?

I don't think so.

The script needs to run from the root level and there is the issue of the database and the config file.

I seem to remember someone posting that you could comment out a section of code but I search this forum and I can't find the post.

MatrixIS you said...
i had to run my tests on a nulled script with free hosting

Can you elaborate on what you mean by nulled script?

AjayP

View Profile
Reply #11: Jul 05, 2009 10:35 pm

I don't think so.

The script needs to run from the root level and there is the issue of the database and the config file.

I seem to remember someone posting that you could comment out a section of code but I search this forum and I can't find the post.

MatrixIS you said...
Can you elaborate on what you mean by nulled script?

[/quote
Means the illegal version of the script.
alirex

Apna-Khel.com

View Profile WWW
Reply #12: Jul 05, 2009 11:47 pm

Nulled scripts are those scripts in which Serial Key section is blocked so that u can install the script without License Key. Those kind of scripts mostly have Backdoors and if the script is Bux/Aurora then its really risky to run Business on it.

MatrixIS

Referrals: 0

View Profile WWW
Reply #13: Jul 06, 2009 07:12 am

Nulled scripts are those scripts in which Serial Key section is blocked so that u can install the script without License Key. Those kind of scripts mostly have Backdoors and if the script is Bux/Aurora then its really risky to run Business on it.

thats why i just use it for testing mods Smiley its better than testing them on my live site

FJWorld

Let's Work Together!

View Profile WWW
Reply #14: Jul 06, 2009 08:31 am

thats why i just use it for testing mods Smiley its better than testing them on my live site

How true.

There has to be a way to do this locally. Hopefully someone that is currently doing this will educate us.

I have tried a few things but so far I have been unsuccessful.

Print

Jump to:  
Copyright © 2008-2022 eMoneySpace. All rights reserved.