eMoneySpace
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News: Welcome to eMoneySpace! Dec 16, 2019 03:16 AM

New User Post Rankings
Print
Author Topic: New User Post Rankings  (Read 173221 times)
SocialRockn

Referrals: 11

Friendliness is key

View Profile
Reply #30: Mar 14, 2011 12:59 AM

Thank you for sharing this now I know how much posting I need to do Smiley
bsr123

Referrals: 0

View Profile
Reply #31: Mar 24, 2011 09:32 AM

Thanks admin
looper

Referrals: 3

LOOPER DEALS

View Profile WWW
Reply #32: Mar 24, 2011 01:09 PM

Thanks but no update for me! Cry Cry
Please pray
ULTRA MEGA PRO KING Wink IS IT SUITABLE?!? Good work  my friend......Wink

project_anhm

Referrals: 15

View Profile
Reply #33: Mar 30, 2011 05:42 PM

Don't you think its injustice for title like Veteran to be on 4th place in ranking system?   Roll Eyes
In some forums Veteran membership is reserved for only selected people. You can't get it by posting/doing x work.

I think its good to reserve that title for some people.

alcaro

Referrals: 1

View Profile
Reply #34: Apr 13, 2011 12:46 PM

I pray to come the day when Chit-chat section and Praises&Applause will not count for ranking.   straightface
zorrow

United Kingdom

View Profile
Reply #35: Apr 13, 2011 12:49 PM

I pray to come the day when Chit-chat section and Praises&Applause will not count for ranking.   straightface

+1 To That

hanablue0

The One And Only Egyptian Queen.

View Profile
Reply #36: Apr 13, 2011 06:10 PM

Only if they can be removed from ALL members not just new posts, as already many members got high post count in chit chat and its not fair to stop it only for new ones.  Sad

Miss you my Ishan. Sad  RIP.  pray
alcaro

View Profile
Reply #37: Apr 14, 2011 12:57 AM

I never thought that someone should be excluded from such modification. Probably after that I will remain with a couple hundreds posts. I do not care. But maybe this will stop some useless spamming and quality posts will prevail over quantity.
smart11

Stand Up for the Champion

View Profile
Reply #38: Apr 14, 2011 01:33 AM

I never thought that someone should be excluded from such modification. Probably after that I will remain with a couple hundreds posts. I do not care. But maybe this will stop some useless spamming and quality posts will prevail over quantity.
+1 I agree despite the fact that i also used chit chat alot
hanablue0

View Profile
Reply #39: Apr 14, 2011 02:19 AM

The problem is there is no way to do that till now, it would only affect new members if it was applied now. Sad
Also some people may start spamming other boards to get their post count up and it will be so hard for the admins to keep track of all this.  worried
The result will not be to stop games spam but to make spam posts every where else.  Sad

Nissan350z

Referrals: 135

Ⓒⓞⓝⓕⓤⓢⓔⓓ?

View Profile WWW
Reply #40: Apr 14, 2011 02:26 AM

I pray to come the day when Chit-chat section and Praises&Applause will not count for ranking.   straightface
Great suggestion!! But is that feature available in SMF? no idea

The problem is there is no way to do that till now, it would only affect new members if it was applied now. Sad
Also some people may start spamming other boards to get their post count up and it will be so hard for the admins to keep track of all this.  worried
The result will not be to stop games spam but to make spam posts every where else.  Sad

Why more spamming?? The report function is always there. I would also recommend to hire mods.
alcaro

View Profile
Reply #41: Apr 14, 2011 02:30 AM

Why more spamming?? The report function is always there. I would also recommend to hire mods.

Nissan, I agree with you. There is always the report option there (aswell BAN option).
About SMF features - I must admit I don't know if it's possible, but I'm sure that a solution can be found, if exist goodwill.
hanablue0

View Profile
Reply #42: Apr 14, 2011 02:31 AM

Yes it  can be changed but it will not affect old posts just the ones made after the new setting. Thats why I don't think its fair to new members.  Sad

Try reporting 1000+ posts a day, if someone really wants to gett a hight post count they will spam everywhere and make stupid useless posts and the admins have to clean all that up. Its better to let them play games then ruin the whole forum.  odd
Just my thoughts anyway.  Smiley

Nissan, I agree with you. There is always the report option there (aswell BAN option).
About SMF features - I must admit I don't know if it's possible, but I'm sure that a solution can be found, if exist goodwill.

As I said it can be changed just for new posts made after the new settings, there is no option or mod till now to change it for old post count. Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2011 02:33 AM by hanablue0 » Logged

Nissan350z

Referrals: 135

Ⓒⓞⓝⓕⓤⓢⓔⓓ?

View Profile WWW
Reply #43: Apr 14, 2011 02:34 AM

Yes it  can be changed but it will not affect old posts just the ones made after the new setting. Thats why I don't think its fair to new members.  Sad

OMG! frusty frusty Are you sure about this?

Try reporting 1000+ posts a day, if someone really wants to gett a hight post count they will spam everywhere and make stupid useless posts and the admins have to clean all that up. Its better to let them play games then ruin the whole forum.  odd
Just my thoughts anyway.  Smiley

Do you think people don't spam in other sections?? In fact, people spam especailly the first two boards from the top, then GB,DB,Ref exchange, Ref deal.

People rarely spam the chit chat.

P.S. By spam, I mean breaking rules, not what we do Tongue
hanablue0

View Profile
Reply #44: Apr 14, 2011 02:37 AM

OMG! frusty frusty Are you sure about this?

Yes, as far as I know there is no way to change old post count, and no mod yet made for that if it can be made.  Sad

Do you think people don't spam in other sections?? In fact, people spam especailly the first two boards from the top, then GB,DB,Ref exchange, Ref deal.

There is always spam but it will get much worse if there was no other way to get post count.  worried

Print

Jump to:  
Copyright © 2008-2019 eMoneySpace. All rights reserved.