eMoneySpace
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News: Earn your money online safely here at eMoneySpace. Apr 20, 2019 07:09 AM

What does it take to be a successful PTC site owner?
Print
Author Topic: What does it take to be a successful PTC site owner?  (Read 10557 times)
ironchow

Referrals: 2

View Profile WWW
Reply #15: Dec 08, 2010 09:38 AM

It takes innovation to be a successful PTC site owner. It needs owners to think out of the box and to also keep track of the recent market leaders.

What do I mean?! I will give you an idea:

Today's leading web-sites are social networks. What if people could merge a PTC-site with a social network?

But all of social networks do the same at this point: You make a profile, have friends, post status and think that people care.

Maybe there should be a need of creating a new kind of social network? For a different subject? I am not sure. That's up to you.

Number one problem I see in PTC sites is that they focus on other PTC sites. Advertisements are from other PTC sites, the clickers are PTC earners etc.
To make a PTC-Site successful, you have to PERSUADE the average INTERNET (not PTC) user, to become a member of your site.

lol way ahead of you buddy!! I am still waiting for my coder to fix my social networking site www.icpals.com!

ptcmarket

Referrals: 0

View Profile WWW
Reply #16: Dec 08, 2010 10:00 AM

It takes innovation to be a successful PTC site owner. It needs owners to think out of the box and to also keep track of the recent market leaders.

What do I mean?! I will give you an idea:

Today's leading web-sites are social networks. What if people could merge a PTC-site with a social network?

But all of social networks do the same at this point: You make a profile, have friends, post status and think that people care.

Maybe there should be a need of creating a new kind of social network? For a different subject? I am not sure. That's up to you.

Number one problem I see in PTC sites is that they focus on other PTC sites. Advertisements are from other PTC sites, the clickers are PTC earners etc.
To make a PTC-Site successful, you have to PERSUADE the average INTERNET (not PTC) user, to become a member of your site.
+1

i think the biggest problem is the traffic, who are the ptc site members? most of them are students and non-english users from asia countries

And even successful like neo i think they still have some serious problems, neo focus on investment platform instead of the ptc advertising solution.

« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2010 10:04 AM by ptcmarket » Logged

My PTC Site

Referrals: 3

View Profile WWW
Reply #17: Dec 08, 2010 03:02 PM

Sorry but I have some basic doubts  Sad

How do you define success of PTC Site?

1. Getting thousands of members in very short span? (then all bux sites are successful)
2. Selling heavily (may be below cost)
3. Paying to  members (many sites are paying to members, but people may not like to call them successful ptc sites)
4. Staying longer time on Internet (there are occasions that 1-2 year old PTC sites scammed members)
5. Providing excellent support (many sites are meeting this standard)
6. Making innovations to attract members (some sites are even doing these)

##########################################################################

7.  Over selling and then dumping site to someone at right time. - Yes, this is success if one is strictly thinking from PTC Site Owner's point of view
8. Over selling both ads and memberships and then simply taking site down - Again success strictly from admin's point of view
9. Amending TOS smartly to avoid paying members. - This would also mean personal success if analysed strictly from admin's point of view.

##########################################################################

To me,

It should be weighted average of Points 1 to 6 above. Of course, 7 to 9 are not given any weight by me.

But again,
Points 7 to 9 are successfully implemented by many great/successful admins whom even people recoginse as successful admins. I am really not inferring to any one because, as I said, there are many such admins.

These are my views. You should read First line of my post again.

I would like to have some inputs from you about this.

Thanks for your attention to my views.  high5

Download Hostpic.Org Firefox & Chrome Extension
bennyak

Referrals: 47

contoh lirikan yang dahsyat tuh kayak avatar ane

View Profile WWW
Reply #18: Dec 08, 2010 05:55 PM

Thank You
 Smiley

FJWorld

Referrals: 42

Let's Work Together!

View Profile WWW
Reply #19: Dec 09, 2010 05:04 PM

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to raise the question about the word success.

@My PTC Site

The simplest definition of success is achieving a desired objective or goal. In the context of this topic, one would be successful if they reached a favorable outcome from operating their own PTC site.

Examples of favorable outcomes could be....
1) Achieving a positive cash flow, ie increased wealth.
2) Achieving recognition as a subject matter expert in the PTC world.
3) Achieving a high level of trust within the industry.
4) Recognized as a leader in the industry.
5) Going beyond following trends by creating new trends.

These are just a few ideas that come to my mind.

Based on the valuable points raised by My PTC Site...

Setting a goal of reaching a specific number of members within a specified time frame can be very beneficial. Remember, you will likely realize that the process of recruiting was more valuable then the end result.

Also I would add that creating a strategy and using various tactics is how one achieves success. Having said this, several points you (My PTC Site) raised are likely part of a series of activities that are completed within the overall strategy of a site owner.

bennyak

View Profile WWW
Reply #20: Dec 10, 2010 06:52 PM

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to raise the question about the word success.

@My PTC Site

The simplest definition of success is achieving a desired objective or goal. In the context of this topic, one would be successful if they reached a favorable outcome from operating their own PTC site.

Examples of favorable outcomes could be....
1) Achieving a positive cash flow, ie increased wealth.
2) Achieving recognition as a subject matter expert in the PTC world.
3) Achieving a high level of trust within the industry.
4) Recognized as a leader in the industry.
5) Going beyond following trends by creating new trends.

These are just a few ideas that come to my mind.

Based on the valuable points raised by My PTC Site...

Setting a goal of reaching a specific number of members within a specified time frame can be very beneficial. Remember, you will likely realize that the process of recruiting was more valuable then the end result.

Also I would add that creating a strategy and using various tactics is how one achieves success. Having said this, several points you (My PTC Site) raised are likely part of a series of activities that are completed within the overall strategy of a site owner.

as one of Veteran Admin here, how long do you thing it will takes to a achieve all those points ?

FJWorld

Referrals: 42

Let's Work Together!

View Profile WWW
Reply #21: Dec 13, 2010 11:38 AM

as one of Veteran Admin here, how long do you thing it will takes to a achieve all those points ?

To achieve them all, the quick answer is several years.

What you will find is that some site owners will do very well in marketing their product. They will achieve a positive cash flow for a limited period. That is usually because most people are followers and they will jump into new programs and it only takes a small percentage of gamblers to generate a positive cash flow for the owner. However, most owners will not have what it takes to survive and thus you will see failures.

The key is sustainment. Sustainment comes from not putting all your eggs in one basket. The market will cycle so if you only have one product and it is no longer a favorite then you need some retained earnings to carry you through the down cycle.

My PTC Site

Referrals: 3

View Profile WWW
Reply #22: Dec 19, 2010 03:25 PM

Nice Discussion FJ.

But it seems that people are less participative in such discussion.  Sad

Let's count this as BUMP  straightface

Download Hostpic.Org Firefox & Chrome Extension
earn24seven

View Profile WWW
Reply #23: Dec 19, 2010 04:25 PM

this topic is great, more inputs pls.....as i am comsidering to have a ptc site soon, one that is not a scam

bennyak

View Profile WWW
Reply #24: Dec 19, 2010 09:48 PM

yess agree
i hope FJ and other Veteran Admins here will make share too
how to avoid dispute and charge back from naughty buyer
that can leads to Limited even Frozen account of the PTC Admin

jjohnson777

Referrals: 8

View Profile WWW
Reply #25: Dec 19, 2010 10:30 PM

Best way avoid disputes is being hated and called scam.  That way only get serious people not people who dispute for any reason.   rofl

This is the biggest secrets of those us who been around since earlier in decade.  All nice people did not last long.   rofl

bennyak

View Profile WWW
Reply #26: Dec 19, 2010 10:32 PM

Best way avoid disputes is being hated and called scam.  That way only get serious people not people who dispute for any reason.   rofl

This is the biggest secrets of those us who been around since earlier in decade.  All nice people did not last long.   rofl
like how ?

jjohnson777

View Profile WWW
Reply #27: Dec 19, 2010 10:34 PM

Just try it you will see what mean.  Downside is sales be less.

niflheim

View Profile
Reply #28: Dec 20, 2010 09:52 AM

Let's have a good discussion about being a PTC site owner.

Do you have what it takes?

I am not talking about people that want to make a fast buck. Build, buy and flip the site just to make a fast buck. Hell I am not talking about people that do not have time to run a site.

I am talking about people that care and enjoy seeing multitudes of ads from various sources with the potential of joining a program that generates consistent monthly income.

I own PTC sites, I am partnered with some PTC sites, I provide hosting, I am a reseller for MadeRiteScripts, I manage projects and provide various PTC related addons, I am an investor and I operate an offline business as well as my online business.. I offer this information to give context to this topic. It's not just about me but I feel it is important that readers know that I am not a rookie in the PTC world.

The other day I read a thread on this forum, asking why all PTC sites are scam. Well all PTC sites are obviously not scams but most will fail and members will take a lost financially and at the very least waste their time.

The focus of this discussion is for those that are serious about owning and operating a successful PTC site.

Do you have what it takes?

The script is not the issue. I can sell an Aurora 4.0.3-mr for $3.59 which is a very reasonable script. It is an excellent way to start a PTC site. Most failures in running a PTC site has nothing to do with the script. So i sell the script because it is the most effective way to decide if you have what it takes. You can always upgrade once you start to make money.

The hosting for the script is not the issue. I can sell hosting for $5.00 a month and that is insignificant compared to what advertisers spend.

So what is the issue?

I welcome readers to participate and see where this topic goes. You do not have to be a site owner, a potential site owner or a PTC clicker to participate in this discussion.

The goal may be to uncover what it takes to be a successful PTC site owner but the site membership will ultimately confirm the true measure of success.

To be a sucessful PTC owner you have to lie and steal.
jjohnson777

View Profile WWW
Reply #29: Dec 20, 2010 10:08 AM

To be a sucessful PTC owner you have to lie and steal.

In some opinions yes.  Or can do like me and have fun with terms.  Than you being honest and just taking advantage of the big amount who do not read terms.

Print

Jump to:  
Copyright © 2008-2019 eMoneySpace. All rights reserved.