eMoneySpace
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News: Welcome to eMoneySpace! Apr 22, 2019 09:12 PM

What does it take to be a successful PTC site owner?
Print
Author Topic: What does it take to be a successful PTC site owner?  (Read 10568 times)
FJWorld

Referrals: 42

Let's Work Together!

View Profile WWW
Dec 06, 2010 08:57 PM

Let's have a good discussion about being a PTC site owner.

Do you have what it takes?

I am not talking about people that want to make a fast buck. Build, buy and flip the site just to make a fast buck. Hell I am not talking about people that do not have time to run a site.

I am talking about people that care and enjoy seeing multitudes of ads from various sources with the potential of joining a program that generates consistent monthly income.

I own PTC sites, I am partnered with some PTC sites, I provide hosting, I am a reseller for MadeRiteScripts, I manage projects and provide various PTC related addons, I am an investor and I operate an offline business as well as my online business.. I offer this information to give context to this topic. It's not just about me but I feel it is important that readers know that I am not a rookie in the PTC world.

The other day I read a thread on this forum, asking why all PTC sites are scam. Well all PTC sites are obviously not scams but most will fail and members will take a lost financially and at the very least waste their time.

The focus of this discussion is for those that are serious about owning and operating a successful PTC site.

Do you have what it takes?

The script is not the issue. I can sell an Aurora 4.0.3-mr for $3.59 which is a very reasonable script. It is an excellent way to start a PTC site. Most failures in running a PTC site has nothing to do with the script. So i sell the script because it is the most effective way to decide if you have what it takes. You can always upgrade once you start to make money.

The hosting for the script is not the issue. I can sell hosting for $5.00 a month and that is insignificant compared to what advertisers spend.

So what is the issue?

I welcome readers to participate and see where this topic goes. You do not have to be a site owner, a potential site owner or a PTC clicker to participate in this discussion.

The goal may be to uncover what it takes to be a successful PTC site owner but the site membership will ultimately confirm the true measure of success.

Brad

Referrals: 1

View Profile
Reply #1: Dec 06, 2010 09:34 PM

That's the problem. The fact that there are people selling scripts for little to nothing it makes it easy for children to get their hands on it. This floods the market and makes it more difficult for the owners that have the potential to become to successful, to actually become successful.

[Not directing my comments towards you necessarily, never that. I'm not one to want to cause an argument or want to do so. There are numerous people that sell the scripts for close to nothing. It is time that the paid to click industry under an evolution]

Would you not agree with me FJ? Smiley

FJWorld

Let's Work Together!

View Profile WWW
Reply #2: Dec 06, 2010 09:47 PM

Brad I think you make a valid point as per cost of the script. But I do not believe for a moment that is the reason for failed business or a site owner not being responsible to a membership.

Would you not agree that the person that joins a program is responsible for evaluating the risks? I don't mean just joining but becoming an active member and hopefully a buying customer.

bennyak

Referrals: 47

contoh lirikan yang dahsyat tuh kayak avatar ane

View Profile WWW
Reply #3: Dec 06, 2010 09:59 PM

Reasonable ratio of click rates and ad prices will make a ptc site sustainable
and of course the admin must have good skill in making sales

and of course know how to handle paypal problem like this fox-bux admin have for example

coz most of sales made via paypal

ironchow

Referrals: 2

View Profile WWW
Reply #4: Dec 06, 2010 10:14 PM

This is a very good topic i like this! thumbs up

First of all I admit i failed in the past due to various problems! My temporary off from ptc world Give me a new idea as how to run a good ptc site! But still it relies on money! One needs to have a very good capital to be able to run a very good ptc site.

The things I have done before to get advertisers:

* emailed websites of what we offer

* Phone possible clients ie. resorts, hotels, and other online e-store

* Give offers

I dont know if other admin have done this.

My recent tactic is using my sites traffic for my other online ventures.

a ptc front page is a very powerful tool in succeeding, A front page of a very good site and popular bus sites can generate up to thousands of dollars if properly used. So what im saying here is that maximize what you have. Dont let people pull you down!

bennyak

View Profile WWW
Reply #5: Dec 06, 2010 10:18 PM

This is a very good topic i like this! thumbs up

+1
i click NOTIFY button so can get notification on every update of this topic  thumbs up

darren97

Referrals: 0

I seek ways to improve myself

View Profile
Reply #6: Dec 06, 2010 11:22 PM

Well , I would comment that a PTC site takes alot to be successful .

you may ask , why ?

You see here . Owners start off with their capital  , buys a script , a domain . a design etc ,
and starts the site .

next , to get members , you would have to spend money on advertising on OTHER ptc sites to get members to your OWN  site .

but then , there will be no ads . you would have to put up a ad yourself . money coming from your own pocket , paying the members .

Look at how much money you spent here already . but wait!  if you have already all this planned , you would have prepared enough money to pay off all this stuff

Next ,  members start to come in , blah blah , you have to put up ads .
Until advertisers come . 

but the number of advertisers to sustain your site is too less! , What about hosting ?

Reason why advertisers dont advertise on PTC sites

Junk traffic , yes . Junk traffic!

Although  they do have some effects , 

but advertising in a bux/aurora site ? why dont just get some more bucks , and advertise on other huge ad  networks ?

Referring to ironchows post : Would resorts , hotels , other websites buy junk traffic like this ?

A big NO!

And this is when the site takes on a ponzi scheme

Little advertisers , Members Balances increasing , Their referrals mounting up , Their earnings are stacking up.

What does the average PTC owner do ? 
He makes memberships . And cheap  , thinking with that money he made from the membership , he can pay the members .

But what about the members who bought the membership? Their money continue to stack up faster than the standard members , Soon , they will be requesting payouts like a mad horse , the money you *earned* from the membership is already being draining away from you .

Then it will come to a point when he runs out of money to pay the members .

What will the average PTC owner do ?
Flip it . obviously .

This is the reason why hardly ANY Average PTC could survive .

Unless you introduce bots though.. *Hehe*

AuroraGPT SDR & PTCEvolution Reseller

AuroraGPT SDR & PTCEvolution Reseller
ironchow

Referrals: 2

View Profile WWW
Reply #7: Dec 06, 2010 11:36 PM

ok for me ptc traffic is not a cheap traffic why? An exposure is still an exposure, in aurora sites its still bang for your buck, An aura site is a good place to advertise regardless of the product, cause the more people see your product the more you influenced them, If that viewer have a friends or family thats looking for a particular service or product and he sees it in your site, while surfing he might refer your product to them.

FJWorld

Let's Work Together!

View Profile WWW
Reply #8: Dec 06, 2010 11:47 PM

Reasonable ratio of click rates and ad prices will make a ptc site sustainable

That is a very important underlying characteristic of ... What does it take to be a successful PTC site owner?

The site owner is responsible for balancing the needs of the membership and the competitive demand of the advertisers.

Sometimes site owners are their worst own enemy because they just want a sale and they will price the ads at ridiculously low prices. Why?

That's is just devaluing their products in my opinion. I don't mean promo/specials but regular prices. There is no way that you can sell advertising for next to nothing, pay clickers and still have enough to cover ongoing operational costs.
Ah! But you may be thinking, what if I do not have to pay all the members that clicked the undervalued advertisements. And the reality is that some site owners are banking on not having to pay all clickers.

One needs to have a very good capital to be able to run a very good ptc site.

I don't completely agree with this but I understand what you mean. I already mentioned above that you could start your site with $8.59 so that is not much capital. That is a very small fee to cover you for 30 days of operation, assuming you work for free during that startup period.

jobobalo

Referrals: 0

slow and steady wins the race

View Profile
Reply #9: Dec 07, 2010 12:50 AM

I'd say having real startup capital,.

Most people go into starting sites with a bunch of innovative ideas and absolutely no capital to get it started, or keep it running if times get tough.

I'm sure neobux has been in heavy debt at some point, they likely did not profit from the start.

But once they threw $10k or whatever they had around in startup funds at the users, then people grew confident and started to invest.

The problem with $3.50 scripts and $5 hosting is that if users don't have the money for a good script and hosting, how can they possibly have the cash to pay other users.

PTC is the business of sellling eyeballs, so to speak. You give a true ptc money because you want traffic. A big, well funded site will have more eyeballs, and therefore more real sales than a smaller, more poorly funded site. The more sales a site has, the more it can pay users. The more it pays, the more people invest, the more people invest, the more it pays. All the while, the traffic grows, until the site is large enough to attract advertisers.

Always looking to expand my domain collection, feel free to PM me offers for any good .com domain you want to sell.
Specter

Referrals: 26

View Profile
Reply #10: Dec 07, 2010 04:07 AM

1) Unconditional dedication to the site and to the site members.

2) A proper business model planned and thought not only for that moment but also to the future to come. Know today the changes you want to make in 3 months but make them flexible to adjust to different situation

3) Minimum knowledge of business practices and business management, thing that i am sorry to say but at least the Sites Admin in this forum 99% of them dont have it and that is clearly visible in recent events. $1000 in sales is not $1000 of profit Wink

4) Originality and Innovation spirit. Again this one lacks in most of the Sites Admin. How many aurora sites are out there? How many have different features of each others? How many follow a different business strategy? The real answer is probably less than 1%

These are for me the 4 main things that will make the difference between a successful and a non successful PTC site Smiley

Living in a World filled with more fake people than real, so I'm in a situation where the masses don't feel me.
FJWorld

Let's Work Together!

View Profile WWW
Reply #11: Dec 07, 2010 01:27 PM

1) Unconditional dedication to the site and to the site members.

2) A proper business model planned and thought not only for that moment but also to the future to come. Know today the changes you want to make in 3 months but make them flexible to adjust to different situation

3) Minimum knowledge of business practices and business management, thing that i am sorry to say but at least the Sites Admin in this forum 99% of them dont have it and that is clearly visible in recent events. $1000 in sales is not $1000 of profit Wink

4) Originality and Innovation spirit. Again this one lacks in most of the Sites Admin. How many aurora sites are out there? How many have different features of each others? How many follow a different business strategy? The real answer is probably less than 1%

These are for me the 4 main things that will make the difference between a successful and a non successful PTC site Smiley

I think you are right on the money Spector.

Knowing what you need to do, doing what you said you are going to do and behaving like you have already achieved success is essential in your journey to success.

There are really only a few sites at any one time that are capable of continued long term survival and that is because of the site owner. The one that is in charge of leadership. If your not a great leader than you are not going to get followers. You will not have the ability to build an effective team that will make you a winner in a highly competitive market.

I would like to touch on a few other interesting points mentioned by contributors of this thread.

What does the average PTC owner do ? 
He makes memberships . And cheap  , thinking with that money he made from the membership , he can pay the members .

That's a recipe for failure and that kind of thinking does not apply in a legitimate business model. I am not against having upgrade paths to various preferred benefits, I use them on my own sites. The membership choices and the various verification levels I use are designed to satisfy different needs of the membership. The upgrade fees are service fees to cover the management of the programs flexibility. It is not to cover the cost of hiring clickers.

What will the average PTC owner do ?
Flip it . obviously .

This is the reason why hardly ANY Average PTC could survive .

This topic is not about the flippers. If you build/buy sites so you can sell them to flip a profit then to me that is not consideration for a successful site owner. This can be discussed in another topic. However, site owners are often faced with the decision to close their site. How they chose to get out of the business and how this impacts the existing members should be of great interest to everyone that plan on investing time and money. The transition between owners can reveal a lot about the owners.

The problem with $3.50 scripts and $5 hosting is that if users don't have the money for a good script and hosting, how can they possibly have the cash to pay other users.
My point is that a site owner that has the right quality to be a successful site owner will have what it takes to create the conditions to produce profits. Profits grow a business and that includes upgrading the script, hosting, designs, R&D, etc.

Here is a message to site owners....
Do you want to boost sales?
I say educate your membership.
Get to know your members.
Focus on the ones that understand your business.
You own and operate a business, not a charity service.
Convince your members that you have a product/service they need.

Here is a message to members....
You want to generate a consistent monthly cash flow?
Get to know the site owner.
Stick to sites owned by people that are leaders in the market.
Avoid sites owned and operated by people that have repeated failures.
Don't waste time clicking too many ads.
Focus on creating a down line just like a site owner does.
Create a site, blog, forum, hey own a PTC site just to promote the programs that work for you.
Buy advertising, upgrade your membership and leverage yourself.
Avoid sites that reset your earnings because of inactivity.
Avoid gambling and focus on calculated returns, not speculated returns.

Thank you to all the contributors to this thread. There is a lot of valuable information that comes out when people share.

I know I am learning. I hope that all contributors and readers understand this is not about one knowing more then the other.

I look forward to seeing more contributions. If I can see one site owner and one member improve their monthly income as a result of participating in this thread then I would say we have all achieved success.

Specter

Referrals: 26

View Profile
Reply #12: Dec 07, 2010 01:37 PM

I think you are right on the money Spector.

Knowing what you need to do, doing what you said you are going to do and behaving like you have already achieved success is essential in your journey to success.

There are really only a few sites at any one time that are capable of continued long term survival and that is because of the site owner. The one that is in charge of leadership. If your not a great leader than you are not going to get followers. You will not have the ability to build an effective team that will make you a winner in a highly competitive market.

I wouldnt say necessarily a leader but at least someone with vision and objectivity.
I see many people opening new sites but none of them trying to be different. On top of this there is the cheap sites mentality that i largely disagree and for what i blame resellers, script makers and alikes.

I would like to touch on a few other interesting points mentioned by contributors of this thread.

That's a recipe for failure and that kind of thinking does not apply in a legitimate business model. I am not against having upgrade paths to various preferred benefits, I use them on my own sites. The membership choices and the various verification levels I use are designed to satisfy different needs of the membership. The upgrade fees are service fees to cover the management of the programs flexibility. It is not to cover the cost of hiring clickers.

Exactly. On the contrary of what most people think/follow these days, Memberships are (or should be) a ways of members have a extra benefit of their use of the site, not to make Admin have money to pay.

This topic is not about the flippers. If you build/buy sites so you can sell them to flip a profit then to me that is not consideration for a successful site owner. This can be discussed in another topic. However, site owners are often faced with the decision to close their site. How they chose to get out of the business and how this impacts the existing members should be of great interest to everyone that plan on investing time and money. The transition between owners can reveal a lot about the owners.
My point is that a site owner that has the right quality to be a successful site owner will have what it takes to create the conditions to produce profits. Profits grow a business and that includes upgrading the script, hosting, designs, R&D, etc.

Totally agree with you Jack. A PTC Site is not a Amazon Auto blog, a Clickbank products site or other alike, that sells and is managed in a impersonal way.
When one open a site the members that join are counting on that Admin to have the site and to run it, not to fill it up with members and then dump it in the 1st person that appears with some $

Here is a message to site owners....
Do you want to boost sales?
I say educate your membership.
Get to know your members.
Focus on the ones that understand your business.
You own and operate a business, not a charity service.
Convince your members that you have a product/service they need.

I would add:

Think out of the box. Will get you many more happy active members and advertisers.

Here is a message to members....
You want to generate a consistent monthly cash flow?
Get to know the site owner.
Stick to sites owned by people that are leaders in the market.
Avoid sites owned and operated by people that have repeated failures.
Don't waste time clicking too many ads.
Focus on creating a down line just like a site owner does.
Create a site, blog, forum, hey own a PTC site just to promote the programs that work for you.
Buy advertising, upgrade your membership and leverage yourself.
Avoid sites that reset your earnings because of inactivity.
Avoid gambling and focus on calculated returns, not speculated returns.

Pretty straight to the point

Thank you to all the contributors to this thread. There is a lot of valuable information that comes out when people share.

I know I am learning. I hope that all contributors and readers understand this is not about one knowing more then the other.

I look forward to seeing more contributions. If I can see one site owner and one member improve their monthly income as a result of participating in this thread then I would say we have all achieved success.

Wouldnt that be great Smiley

Living in a World filled with more fake people than real, so I'm in a situation where the masses don't feel me.
valkerion

Referrals: 1

Cause I am the game and I want to play

View Profile
Reply #13: Dec 07, 2010 02:27 PM

It takes innovation to be a successful PTC site owner. It needs owners to think out of the box and to also keep track of the recent market leaders.

What do I mean?! I will give you an idea:

Today's leading web-sites are social networks. What if people could merge a PTC-site with a social network?

But all of social networks do the same at this point: You make a profile, have friends, post status and think that people care.

Maybe there should be a need of creating a new kind of social network? For a different subject? I am not sure. That's up to you.

Number one problem I see in PTC sites is that they focus on other PTC sites. Advertisements are from other PTC sites, the clickers are PTC earners etc.
To make a PTC-Site successful, you have to PERSUADE the average INTERNET (not PTC) user, to become a member of your site.

bennyak

View Profile WWW
Reply #14: Dec 08, 2010 09:31 AM

perhaps any other successful ptc admin willing share their opinion or strategy here ?
please  pray

Print

Jump to:  
Copyright © 2008-2019 eMoneySpace. All rights reserved.