eMoneySpace
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News: Welcome to eMoneySpace! Aug 07, 2020 09:06 AM

Do you really think a PTC is a legitimate business?
Print
Author Topic: Do you really think a PTC is a legitimate business?  (Read 2587 times)
FJWorld

Referrals: 42

Let's Work Together!

View Profile WWW
Feb 09, 2017 08:13 AM

Worth reading for people who have no knowledge of a business...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business

Just because you offer people a chance to click some ads and make money does this mean you have a legitimate business?
If you tell the world you provide quality advertising but you directly or indirectly pay people to view the ads is that a legitimate business?
If you charge a fee from some members and use that fee to pay another member that clicked ads, is that a legitimate business?

If your products/services does not have some sort of measureable quality to support real goods, do you have a business or a scheme?

Is it possible you think you have a legitimate business because you are honest and you pay all members?

If you think a Paid To Click service is a legitimate business then I don't think you should complain when your payment processor disagrees with you.

Operating a legitimate business has to go beyond being honest and trusting.

Specter

Referrals: 27

View Profile
Reply #1: Feb 09, 2017 08:38 AM

My oh my you are still around?  clap
Hi Jack, how are you? Nice to see you Smiley

Now about your topic... there is a lot of semantics involved in there.

The short answer is that indeed most PTC sites are not a "legitimate business", but many are a "honest business".

I will not go point by point as my answer above covers most of them, but there are a couple i will comment on more detailed.

If you tell the world you provide quality advertising but you directly or indirectly pay people to view the ads is that a legitimate business?

In PTC you are also telling the world that you are paying people to view thus ads, so no one is deceiving no one there.
After all, you get what you paid for.

If your products/services does not have some sort of measureable quality to support real goods, do you have a business or a scheme?

But the products/services of PTC sites are measurable in quality. As a PTC owner(still, right?)  i am sure you know that there are sites that their "services" offer for example a better signup rate than other. And although most of the "supported goods" are virtual, that does not make the results any less real.

Regarding

If you think a Paid To Click service is a legitimate business then I don't think you should complain when your payment processor disagrees with you.

That is true.
But what about when the payment processor plays fast and loose with what they consider legitimate, would you still consider it as a trusting and honest action?

Because we all know this topic comes about because of the latest things that happened at Clixsense and there is no way you can tell me that Clixsense is not a legit business in every sense of the word!

Living in a World filled with more fake people than real, so I'm in a situation where the masses don't feel me.
Michael30000

Referrals: 0

View Profile
Reply #2: Feb 09, 2017 08:50 AM

Hello Jack,

Jack, what about placing commercials on TV. Is it a legitimate business?

In my country almost every more or less popular program or movie is interrupted every 10 or 15 minutes by commercials.
Some people switch channels because of that and some even begin to hate TV.

So TV companies take money from advertisers to show commercials to people with even no guarantee that people will actually see them.
Can this be called quality advertising and/or a legitimate business?

« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2017 09:02 AM by Michael30000 » Logged

I'm a happy Golden member on Neobux. I bought my membership with points (no investment).

FJWorld

Let's Work Together!

View Profile WWW
Reply #3: Feb 09, 2017 10:23 AM

My oh my you are still around?  clap
Hi Jack, how are you? Nice to see you Smiley

Now about your topic... there is a lot of semantics involved in there.

The short answer is that indeed most PTC sites are not a "legitimate business", but many are a "honest business".

I will not go point by point as my answer above covers most of them, but there are a couple i will comment on more detailed.

In PTC you are also telling the world that you are paying people to view thus ads, so no one is deceiving no one there.
After all, you get what you paid for.

But the products/services of PTC sites are measurable in quality. As a PTC owner(still, right?)  i am sure you know that there are sites that their "services" offer for example a better signup rate than other. And although most of the "supported goods" are virtual, that does not make the results any less real.

Regarding

That is true.
But what about when the payment processor plays fast and loose with what they consider legitimate, would you still consider it as a trusting and honest action?

Because we all know this topic comes about because of the latest things that happened at Clixsense and there is no way you can tell me that Clixsense is not a legit business in every sense of the word!

Yes of course the recent crackdown by PayPal was the trigger for this topic.
This is not the first time I have posted about a PTC site not being a legitimate business.
Sure the owner can be honest and trusting. That in itself does not decide the legitimacy of a business.
@Clixsense and PayPal, I understand what was posted, it is very clear and not new that PayPal are very particular with site owners using their services.
I wish the best of luck to ClixSense and this topic is not about picking on a specific site.

Rules and regulations associated with operating a business is not new and it will continue to evolve.
PayPal has been demonstrating for years that it reviews all accounts that operating outside of their view of a legitimate business.
Buyer beware does not give any business an automatic pass to legitimacy regardless of how well the money making program is explained.

In the context of this topic, I am reminding all EMS members to take a closer look at how money flows with these PTC sites.

If you can accept that you make money from a high risk system that involves potential click fraud or pseudo-Ponzi advertising programs, then you have to accept that you may be risking a relationship with your payment processors.

When you look at a PTC site that uses a cookie cutter script and that script is built on churning website traffic as good and services, you have to ask yourself if you have a legit business or a scheme.

Hello Jack,

Jack, what about placing commercials on TV. Is it a legitimate business?

In my country almost every more or less popular program or movie is interrupted every 10 or 15 minutes by commercials.
Some people switch channels because of that and some even begin to hate TV.

So TV companies take money from advertisers to show commercials to people with even no guarantee that people will actually see them.
Can this be called quality advertising and/or a legitimate business?

This topic is about a PTC site being a legit business.
Not about comparing it to some other unrelated method of misleading or cheating customers.

I use PVR so I can fast forward most commercials.

billytallent

Referrals: 2

View Profile WWW
Reply #4: Feb 09, 2017 10:26 AM

no ptc isnt a legitmate sector simply due to the fact 99.9% are ponzis

sustainability used to be an issue it no longer seems to be a determining factor for new members

as well upgraDES at one time had a tanglible product or service behind not just an entry fee into a ponzi

and the whole bot system that almost every ptc utilizes is just a way to manage a ponzi abit longer
« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2017 10:29 AM by billytallent » Logged

Michael30000

View Profile
Reply #5: Feb 09, 2017 10:50 AM

This topic is about a PTC site being a legit business.
Not about comparing it to some other unrelated method of misleading or cheating customers.

Jack, I think you misunderstood my point (or maybe I wasn't making myself clear enough).

In your opening post you wrote: "If you think a Paid To Click service is a legitimate business then I don't think you should complain when your payment processor disagrees with you."

My point is: If Paypal limits accounts just because it thinks that the business model (of PTC companies in this case) is not legitimate, why doesn't it limit accounts of TV companies whose business model with regards to advertising (placing commercials in TV programs and movies) even is more non-legitimate.

I'm a happy Golden member on Neobux. I bought my membership with points (no investment).

FJWorld

Let's Work Together!

View Profile WWW
Reply #6: Feb 09, 2017 11:53 AM

Jack, I think you misunderstood my point (or maybe I wasn't making myself clear enough).

In your opening post you wrote: "If you think a Paid To Click service is a legitimate business then I don't think you should complain when your payment processor disagrees with you."

My point is: If Paypal limits accounts just because it thinks that the business model (of PTC companies in this case) is not legitimate, why doesn't it limit accounts of TV companies whose business model with regards to advertising (placing commercials in TV programs and movies) even is more non-legitimate.

I hear yeah.

I just don't see the connection between a PTC business and a TV business. I respect your point and I agree with the issues of false/fraud advertising on TV.
I guess your argument has to do with a more consistent judgement by a payment processor across all industries. But the reality, most PTC/TE/HYIP/Matrix/Cyclers/RevShares, etc are by their nature a Ponzi model. It is hard not to see any of these cookie cutter sites as anything but a Ponzi scheme really.

When I read PayPal agreements I see it as guidelines to doing business with them and if I need them I will make sure I do not do anything that may interrupt my business.
This is especially true if they represent a large chunk of the cash flow in my business.

So why put blame on a payment processor when they go through great measures to inform clients about their terms of services?

apnamoney

View Profile
Reply #7: Feb 09, 2017 12:00 PM

Only few of the PTC sites are paying around 2- 3. If you ask me , even if i earn more 200$ per day from revenue share programs like mypayingads where i can earn much faster tan anything i m managing my time to click those 2-3 PTC sites.

Specter

Referrals: 27

View Profile
Reply #8: Feb 09, 2017 02:05 PM

Yes of course the recent crackdown by PayPal was the trigger for this topic.
This is not the first time I have posted about a PTC site not being a legitimate business.
Sure the owner can be honest and trusting. That in itself does not decide the legitimacy of a business.
@Clixsense and PayPal, I understand what was posted, it is very clear and not new that PayPal are very particular with site owners using their services.
I wish the best of luck to ClixSense and this topic is not about picking on a specific site.

So in your opinion Clixsense is not a legitimate business?

Living in a World filled with more fake people than real, so I'm in a situation where the masses don't feel me.
donatien

Referrals: 4

I'm not donatien @bitcointalk thank U (‿)凸

View Profile
Reply #9: Feb 09, 2017 02:24 PM

People call a Legit PTC when the admin credited 10 000 banners in their account as sign up bonus.
Then when they receive 2$ payout,  they say it is the best PTC in the world. No matter if they are the only fews to get paid

rofl rofl

Bitcoin Ninja, Unregulated Banker, SysAdmin in my bathroom | Member of the Chaintech foundation (Conventions, Meetings, Awareness, Education, Support)
There are a lot of people working on great projects. There are also people working on junk and marketing it as "blockchain."
rasika84

Clicking since 2007... earning $150 a week online

View Profile
Reply #10: Feb 10, 2017 07:36 AM

Business in its simplest form Demand meeting supply in a marketplace.. There is no need to complicate that..

PTC sites are legitimate as it is the same as a traffic exchange getting people to surf for ad credits.. Which for some people are worthless..

Your question on quality in PTC is biased, PTC advertising is misunderstood, they are highly targeted towards a micro niche in the online money making industry.
meaning it targets, people who wants to make money online for free..    The idea of a click made only for monetary gain is confusing to some people, but it works..

NOT all advertisers, buying ads in google and Facebook break even..    

For me, PTC sites only differ in its revenue sharing set up, They get from advertiser and give it to the clicker. This obviously attract the abusers like everywhere else..

For example: Google, Click fraud... Facebook auto poster...  etc..

Point being not every penny even it these platforms are spent as they are meant to be..

This forum is there because there is demand for it.. PTCs are there because of the same reason..

Whether PayPal likes it or not is NOT the measurement whether a business is legitimate or not..
There will always be processors to come in and serve the market demand,
PayPal it self is no Police, but just a service provider.. They are neither regulator or ultimate decision maker..

Give it few more years and PayPal would loose its market position. You can mark on that..

Tax heaven will be there and people to put money in them, as long as Tax is there to avoid it.. Even PayPal stores there money in Luxembourgh to avoid corporate tax for international transactions..

« Last Edit: Feb 10, 2017 07:39 AM by rasika84 » Logged

Darkstar2

Referrals: 13

View Profile
Reply #11: Feb 12, 2017 01:08 AM

Worth reading for people who have no knowledge of a business...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business

Just because you offer people a chance to click some ads and make money does this mean you have a legitimate business?

Why wouldn't it be ? A genuine PTC is offering a SERVICE..... You PAY for such a service, you pay a user for viewing the ads.  Different than a member depositing money, expecting a % return through newer deposits.  A Genuine PTC model can sustain itself.  There are ads, people click them, people get paid.  No ads, no pay.

If you charge a fee from some members and use that fee to pay another member that clicked ads, is that a legitimate business?

By this same reasoning, if this was not legit, then banks, credit card companies or the entire service industry would be fraudulent.   Remember, banks charge fees, credit card companies live off of fees (merchant fees, etc.) - what makes it different is the product / service.   When you buy products or service from a company, how do you think they pay back their employees and shareholders, CEO, etc, from the consumer who give them the money so money goes from point A to point B to point C, and that represents a legal transaction, unlike the pyramid schemes, ponzi schemes and other fraudulent business models.

Ponzi schemes disguised as PTC that's another story, sadly, this represents the majority of the SO-CALLED "PTC" industry that people mislabel all the time.  Those rely on expensive upgades and renting of bots, even though hose sites make no promised of return on investment, they misrepresent what they are - so automatically they become a fraudulent business model, even though they are paying.

If the way you announce your company and represent its product/services is in line with reality, then you have a legitimate business model.  The consumer is being informed honestly and not misled.  Regardless of the fees, etc.

Is it possible you think you have a legitimate business because you are honest and you pay all members?

Nobody should judge a site from being legit or scam by only one variable, especially not the "we pay all members".  Many of the sites that are currently paying members are crooked schemes, fraudulently misrepresenting themselves (BUX sites ponzi, HYIP, cyclers, matrix, etc.)

See above.  The majority of so-called "PTC" are fraudulent misrepresentations.   Your assessment of PTC site in general is suggesting that ALL are non legit.    So do you consider ClixSense to be a non legit business model ? They are a genuine US based company, have they ever misrepresented themselves from the beginning ? Do you consider their service to be non legitimate ? How is it different to news papers, tabloids, TV, radio selling ads ? Ok, the consumer does not get paid to see / listen to ads, but those ads support the TV content people watch, for free..... (aside fro the cable subscription cost) but TV content is supported by advertisers through ratings.

If a business is representing itself honestly and in line 100% with what the consumer is getting, then said consumer is PROPERLY informed in what they are getting into.

ClixSense is more GPT now than PTC, there is more money going OUT than coming IN, so do you still support PayPal's claims that CS constitutes a non legitimate business, causing high risk and liability to a payment processor ?   If so, then what supports your claim ?

Some will use the argument that PTC sites live off of scams..........  That can be debated.  The PTC is a platform advertisers use, much like TV, newspaper and radio, do you believe all ads on TV/RADIO/print are legit ? No !  And ClixSense takes extra precautions by removing reported scams and refusing ads from HYIP / Ponzi, MLM etc, unlike other "PTC" sites that accept ANY form of advertising.

So far nobody has provided and valid claims against ClixSense.   The only cause for concern, is the 8 level affiliate progam.  In my opinion this has been ClixSense's biggest mistake from day 1.  Regardless of how honest the site is, this model is frowned upon.   Otherwise, remove this element from the site, then I don't see any valid reasons for a payment processor to deny them business.

It's important to understand the difference between GENUINE PTC and the other "PTC" people misuse. Smiley

[/quote]
FJWorld

Let's Work Together!

View Profile WWW
Reply #12: Feb 17, 2017 08:39 AM

So in your opinion Clixsense is not a legitimate business?

In my opinion ClixSence is a business I can trust. I am an active member and I do not see any issues with what they offer.
What happened between ClixSense and PayPal is just that, between them!
I read the news from Jim and I respect what he has shared.

The most important part of Jim's news was his statement about......
We attribute this change to the large amount of fly by night PTC, HYIPs, traffic exchanges etc that have made this industry look bad for those that actually run a legitimate business.

Again I admit my post was triggered by the news and I am taking the opportunity to educate readers about the risks in doing business with a PTC site.

win5bucks

Referrals: 1

View Profile WWW
Reply #13: Feb 17, 2017 01:22 PM

I as going to write a long post though, this topic is lol,

first, PTC is no more, opening a PTC as it stands and you wont last, let s called them GPT since you have many way to earn.

From there, the day all those dreaming dumbass kids will understand that there is no trick to earn cash but hard work, then we might talk about GPT being a legitimate or not, as long as too many idiots still jump in the net, no legitimate business, just a scam niche, nothing else.

due diligence always and even then expect the worse, always, so no disapointment.

sarah khan

View Profile
Reply #14: Feb 17, 2017 09:54 PM

[Spam Link Removed]
« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2017 07:08 AM by ~Money~ » Logged
Print

Jump to:  
Copyright © 2008-2020 eMoneySpace. All rights reserved.