eMoneySpace
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News: Welcome to eMoneySpace! Oct 06, 2022 05:23 pm

closed
Print
Author Topic: closed  (Read 2453 times)
infomaster

Referrals: 5

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2012 01:12 pm

closed
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014 12:25 pm by infomaster » Logged

SnoorkAdvertiser

Referrals: 0

View Profile WWW
Reply #1: May 14, 2012 02:28 pm

1. what are the specification needed for a PTC website server. (100,000 active users taking in to account)

For a large user based of 100,000 a quad core dedicated server with at least 8 GB of RAM would be recommended. But you can always start small and expend as your business grows.

2. i found hosting companies are charging 00.40$ per GB for bandwidth usage so if i have 100,000 active users then what may be the bandwidth expense in GB?

Its really impossible to determine your bandwidth usage as it depends on the size of your pages and the amount of page views. Usually 3 TB of bandwidth should be enough.

3. i found sookhosting and easycloud hosting..specially for PTC sites what about your opinion about this hosting services?

I believe you meant Snoork Hosting Wink

4. please explain more about virtual private server, dedicated server, cloud server? which one is suit for PTC website? why?

Virtual privates servers would be a good way to start. They offer you dedicated resources and most hosting providers, including Snoork Hosting, allow you to instantly upgrade/downgrade your service whenever needed without any service interruption. Dedicated server would be a long term solution that could accumulate your future site growth, but its best to start small and expend that way you won't be paying for unused resources. When it comes to Cloud Hosting, I personally do not recommend it due to low disk I/O (read & write) speeds. A true cloud solution consists of SAN storage which offers very low disk I/O, not suitable for PTC sites as PTC sites are high database intense.

5. PTC websites are using more resources because of this reason PTC sites are suspending, my question is shall we host with our own server at home? is it possible? any hacking problems? if yes, what are the things needed for a good PTC web server? like server specifications, internet speed, etc....

You need a professional data center for professional business needs, with network capacity and redundancy. Hosting a site at home is a bad idea as you probably do not have the necessary network capacity, redundancy, and hardware, not even mentioning DDoS protection which is a must for PTC sites .

Snoork Hosting - Enterprise PTC Web Hosting | DDoS Protected
99.9% Network Uptime | 15 Minute Ticket Response Time | 24/7 Live Chat
Check Out Our PTC Web Hosting Specials For Amazing Discounts & Promotions
infomaster

View Profile WWW
Reply #2: May 14, 2012 08:28 pm

thanks for the replay, please more answers from experts like this...................

Gergo

View Profile WWW
Reply #3: May 16, 2012 02:38 am

6. there are many hackers in this field,  what are the areas they can hack like script, traffic, database etc....
Yes there are some hackers, also I do not think there would be too many. If they succeed, they succeed with hacking the server and not the script. AuroraGPT has the weakest security I think, but hackers can not hack that script as well. Also I personally recommend to make at least daily backup from your database to your PC/Laptop.

7. suppose my website is launched and working properly, after few months i need to include new features, so is it possible to
make some changes without affecting my site? do i need to change anything in database if i have changes in script?
Yes of course. You can get unique features/addons for every script, of course for PTCEvolution and for nTeN is a bit harder as they have some files encrypted also both use Smarty template system. PTCEvolution has a developer module for addons, at nTeN I do not really know, also maybe it is not necessarily to make addons.

8. suppose i have launched my site and working properly but i need to change my host so what are the things do we have to concentrate while changing the host ?
Usually almost every host offer free data migration. It means that if you would like to move your site to them, they will migrate your files, database, cron settings, emails etc... for free of charge. Also thanks to DNS propagation your site will be down for several hours after you have changed your domain nameservers to point to the new server. I personally does not really recommend to move to a different hosting provider and start host who knows what is PTC. In this case I absolutely recommend Snoork. I had dedicated, VPS servers from them almost 2 years for now, and absolutely satisfied with their services.

9. suppose i am hosting my PTC from my own server at my office, if there is a problem with my internet connection the site will not load so is there any way to avoid this problem like set-upping more servers in different places with different internet
connections for my PTC?
I do not know what your server details, but I absolutely do not recommend it. If that would be a good idea there would not be so many hosting company. Maybe you can host your site in first times, but thanks to your broadband connection it will not good for the future, as hosting companies have 100Mb/1GB/second connections.

10. suppose i am purchasing gen4 and they are updating the script every month is it possible to update my script while they are updating gen4? which one is the best script for ptc site..Huh??
There are many good scripts out there. GeN4 is also good, but there are scripts like PTCEvolution, nTeN or ClixScript which also continuously developing the script. You can purchase AuroraGPT, ClixScript, PTCEvolution and Zeus script from me if you would like to. Also I strongly recommend you to check scripts demo for every script before decide to purchase.

11. what is cpanel, cronjob, cloudfare, and its use ? please explain in detail......
thanks in advance

cPanel is a control panel to manage your hosting, like manage files, databases, emails and basically everything related to your hosting account. Cronjob allow you to automate certain commands or scripts on your site, like to reset ads every day etc, every script need it, and the command provided by script creators and written in introduction.

I hope I could answer the remaining questions everything is quite clear for now. Smiley

infomaster

View Profile WWW
Reply #4: May 16, 2012 07:59 am

nice explanation too, i have a big doubt which is already stated but need little more information
12. i found some people said, hosting service is a difficult task which need lot of expensive technologies, so my question is what are the things needed for a host (in case of dedicated server to host more secured website )? what may be a dedicated server expense? if i am hosting from my office with fully secured technology? don't worry im just asking to know about this matter.
13. suppose i am installed the script and later i found its having some errors so i need to ask help from a expert coder for this i have to give some server permission to correct this, which may create a lot of problems if he is a trouble maker, so my question is is there any other ways to correct these errors with out giving such permissions? 
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012 03:41 am by infomaster » Logged

SnoorkAdvertiser

View Profile WWW
Reply #5: May 16, 2012 08:22 am

1. i found some people said, hosting service is a difficult task which need lot of expensive technologies, so my question is what are the things needed for a host (in case of dedicated server to host more secured website )? what may be a dedicated server expense? if i am hosting from my office with fully secured technology? don't worry im just asking to know about this matter.

As long as you choose a fully managed hosting company they will take care of managing your entire hosting infrastructure, so you won't have to worry about managing the hosting yourself. To answer your other question about hosting your site at your office. If you have the network capacity & speed, redundancy, network hardware, and can afford DDoS protection, go for it. DDoS protection hardware is not cheap, you would be looking at +$10,000 for a DDoS protected hardware that can only protected you only at about 100 MB/s.

Snoork Hosting - Enterprise PTC Web Hosting | DDoS Protected
99.9% Network Uptime | 15 Minute Ticket Response Time | 24/7 Live Chat
Check Out Our PTC Web Hosting Specials For Amazing Discounts & Promotions
infomaster

View Profile WWW
Reply #6: May 16, 2012 10:34 am

I am not going to host my ptc at my office, i interested snoork hosting, i can pm you about this,
thax
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012 01:09 pm by infomaster » Logged

rehan4pk

Referrals: 1

View Profile
Reply #7: May 24, 2012 12:29 pm

I am not going to host my ptc at my office, i interested snoork hosting, i can pm you about this,
14. what you think about rented referral bot system? is it good for my ptc? what are the things i have to concentrate while using this feature?what kind of problems can be there while using this feature? and how can i avoid such problems?
15. how you are dealing with charge-backs(disputes) ? how can i avoid this problem?
16. how can i protect my forum from cheaters and spammers? suggest few effective measures to deal with this problem?
17. what are the ways i have to concentrate to avoid hacking my ptc and my payment accounts?
18. what are the essential things I have to listen while I am giving my gen4 script to a designer for designing template and codding?
19. what are the essential changes  I have to make for a good  site on gen4 script ? please explain its very important...
any way thanks for your replay

14. Looks like you are going for a bux site. I personally don't like this feature. It's like deceiving the members. There are two basic consequences of it. Number 1, Additional cost to site: Obviously you are going to set the avg high so that investors can get some profit. This gives your site nothing than the additional cost. You will get temporary funds but in the end, Its a net outflow. Number 2, If you sell real refs, Then seems sensible as refs also will be clicking and generating traffic to advertised sites. But bots give nothing. This is just my opinion and basic reasons.

15. Always respond to disputes with refund part of your terms of services. Tell them that intangible items are instantly delivered.

16. Best way is to have the forum integrated with the site. Members registered on site can only post on forums. So you only get serious and relevant posters on the forums. Since you will be using gen4 script, They already have it built in so you don't have to worry about that.

17. Keep changing your admin panel and payment processor passwords every few days. Keep banning / blocking IPs that try to temper with site. Allocate your 5 minutes daily to make site backups.

18. Better if any expert coder answers this question.

19. Sorry didn't get your question.

Good Luck with your site thumbs up
FJWorld

Referrals: 42

Let's Work Together!

View Profile WWW
Reply #8: May 24, 2012 12:37 pm

What's in it for me?  Shocked

Q1-5:
What is most important is to not do an overkill or create unnecessary risk when picking the right server for the job.

So I say don't waste your time with and shared or VPS limitations. Go to a dedicated server. Start with a smaller one with a company that offers a good migration path to larger tier solutions.
You would be surprised at how much work a small dedicated server can do when it is well configured to do the job. As per bandwidth issues, again you do not need an overkill. What is important is to monitor your site over a period of time and let it tell you the areas of concern. You would be surprised how much some small files can impact a noticeable percentage of your traffic.

I recommend iWeb.com because they are progressive in building the right migration path for small to large size businesses. Their Smart Server technology and management software can give you all the power you needs as if the server was next to you.

You mentioned....PTC websites are using more resources because of this reason and I do not know what your are referring to. All I can say is that most PTC scripts I have seen are not well  organized. Most have evolved over time and code has been added or modified with no thoughts about the overall impact of the changes made. The coding techniques used often reliess on having the right default settings on the server and that cannot be trusted. Sometimes there are numerous connections made, table scan, etc all because of poor software design. These problems are more likely to show up on VPS or any server system that use some kind of shared technology.

Q6:
Monitor your site using cpanel, whmcs, and putty. This will give you the information you need if you have to deal with ddos attacks. Hacking and ddos attacks are not the same. Some ddos attacks are not deliberate. It just means that you have to have something in place to manage high burst traffic so that you minimize the number of impacted users when an incident occurs. As far as hackers getting root access you need to work with your service provider so they can raise your confidence level on the server not being hijacked.  You also need to ask your software provider as to what they have implemented to combat injection issues. That is a starting point and as you get more familiar with who is on your site and what they are doing you will be able tweek your program so you can have complete control of all your visitors, including registered members.

Q7:
It is possible to make changes to any scripts. Even some that are encrypted. What is important is the process and procedure you implement when it comes to making any changes to a production environment. There are different method used to move changes from dev, test, qa and prod. I keep a fully working site on my local pc so I can do changes and qa test before I ftp the changes to the production sever. It is too easy for people to make changes directly on the production server and 9 times out of 10 these people that are lazy cause their own problems. When I say changes I mean all types of changes. Code, data, directives, configuration settings, etc.

Q8:
If your serious about building a long term business, avoid changing host. Why would one have to change is the first question that comes to my mind. That means you want to research, and you are demonstrating you are doing some homework; and make a good pick from the start. Don't get fooled by someone that says a particular hosting company is good for hosting a PTC script. That is a tail wagging the dog mentality. Or just someone trying to get commission on a sale. Don't miss read what I said. Some people that have experience dealing with scripts that cause excessive resources usage have idea on how to better manage the server resources. Unfortunately, its not always the most favorable solution for your visitors.

Q9:
Creating a hosting environment using your existing isp connection can cause a big problem for you and your internet account. I have done some local hosting in the pass but in today's remote environment and low cost hosting it make no sense to have a local server.

Q10:
Updating your script code should not be an issue as long as you follow the instructions for the update and the process/procedure you implemented to protect your production environment.
which one is the best script for ptc site One that you customize for your specific business objectives. If you cannot readily customize the script or the script provider does not have a large list of add-on, modules, etc to improve your script so it meets the needs of your business then you are in a losing situation.

Q11:
I'm not going to answer this because I know you can find the best answer somewhere else then this forum.

Q12:
You should be able to get a very nice dedicated server around $140 or less where you can learn to manage your server. If you are making lots of money and your time is better spend making money then look at spending $50/month or more for a managed environment. The extra cost has to cover a set of routine tasks so your confidence level is high. Some companies will also include an hourly fee to respond to incidents. Continue with your research by comparing several possible providers.  Check http://www.webhostingtalk.com/ it is a forum better designed to answer most of your questions.

Q13:
Everybody needs to trust somebody. If you cannot trust your service provider than you need to do business with someone else. Starting out your should not have any problems. You should not be installing the script unless your are authorized and qualified to do so. You should not let anyone touch your production environment unless you trust them. It is a judgement call you have to make. If there is going to be a problem it should be picked up in your local environment. It all depends on the issue, bug, error as to how you proceed to correct the situation. Always have a back-out plan when you make changes to your production environment.

Q14:
Avoid rental bot software. It is just a way to cheat and lie to your customers. Its a terrible business practice.

Q15:
Know your customers and don't be greedy and you will not have any charge back issues.

Q16:
Use a secret code that your member can access from your PTC site. Make it so the forum registration needs the secret code. In another word, limit your forum registration to your PTC site members.

Q17:
Partially addressed above. Don't be so free to give out your site access. Change your password regularly. Don't use easy to break passwords.

Q18:
Hard to answer. Depends on who you get and if you trust them. Again, make sure you can always back out of any changes made. You need to post this question on PTCPay forum.

Q19:
You need to post this question on PTCPay forum.

infomaster

View Profile WWW
Reply #9: May 24, 2012 01:16 pm

waw that's very helpful replay from both you all FJWorld and rehan4pk thanxfrom my heart

nike21

View Profile
Reply #10: May 26, 2012 04:02 pm

I've Been Using VPS server's though wooservers with 25gb for my sites. i have no issues with services. they have the cheapest vps servers i found for the bang. Like FJ Said You Dont Wanna Over Kill things.  ALways Protect your site. change passwords regular. Dont Change Things to often. It Annoy's members when you do that. Ive Been lucky in the yr i've had sites. i haven't had any DDos attacks on them. limit access to only members. youll have less problems.Just make sure you have game plan before you launch any site..
infomaster

View Profile WWW
Reply #11: May 26, 2012 10:28 pm

Thank you friend i am planning each and every parts of my site, when i realize things are ok, then i will launch my site....

infomaster

View Profile WWW
Reply #12: May 29, 2012 06:48 am

22. database is the whole information like member details, site details etc right? what may be the size of a database? if i have 10000 members? in GB?
THANKS IN ADVANCE

Horus

в натуре без цензуры

View Profile WWW
Reply #13: May 29, 2012 07:04 am

In order to get response about your rates you must tell your plan of how many guaranteed ads will you give(10sec, 20sec, x sec??) and what is your min payout.

You must know that almost 80%-90% of members will be standard after starting the site, so their activity is crucial thing.
Think what will you do. Will you promote & upgrade at site which is not good for standards? Your dr wont be active, and this results with lower earnings for upgraded.

So again, if you are giving low earnings for standards at least start with no minimum cashout or something like $0.2-$0.5 min for first cashout.

Also if you plan to integrate bots, dont sell only bots as rr, mix them with real members and make sure that you will set them to give max 5% earnings at start... after few months it will be wise to set them to give 0% if they are rented for 30 days and only give earnings if they are 60+ or 90+ days extended.

I don't know how the bot system on gen4 works, but if it dont have this kind of features get coder and develop a really smart bot system.

thumbs up

Coded aurora templates ~ choose template by clicking here -prices starting from $5 ( for resell rights pm me) |    Virool video wall addon   - $5  |                                                                                                                                       Auroragpt 4.0.8PHP   -$1
infomaster

View Profile WWW
Reply #14: May 29, 2012 11:37 am

i will give at-least 4 guaranteed ads @ 00.001$ and  rented ref click 00.005$ for standard members and 00.001$ with referral click 00.01$ for upgraded..paypal and paysa...ans00.50$ minimum payout...thanks dear for your precious replay

Print

Jump to:  
Copyright © 2008-2022 eMoneySpace. All rights reserved.