eMoneySpace
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News: Earn your money online safely here at eMoneySpace. Aug 23, 2017 04:02 AM

SmileyTraffic Scam!
Print
Author Topic: SmileyTraffic Scam!  (Read 4983 times)
billboard

Referrals: 3

View Profile WWW
Feb 23, 2011 12:22 PM

Yes folks.
They may not be an outright scam, but they sure have questionable tactics!

A couple weeks ago, the admin sent out an email to his entire membership.
This is what it said:

I did my part...as you can see in the thread below, I recruited 9 of those 10 members.

http://www.emoneyspace.com/forum/index.php/topic,123237.msg1232675.html#msg1232675

I spent $18.00 recruiting them.
When I claimed them by sending a support ticket to the staff after a week of not receiving my credits, I received no response & my IP address was blocked. I managed to attempt a login from another browser & it told me that my account was suspended!

I then sent an email to the admin himself & never received another reply.
He obviously doesn't want to talk or pay me those credits.

I also had 4,000 manual & about 5,000 auto credits in my account, plus $4.00 in my cash balance as well as being in 4th place in the referral competition for referring 44 people to his site. I would have won $5.00! Also, I spent $7.50 recruiting the first 30 members at $0.25 each. See the thread below for proof.

http://www.emoneyspace.com/forum/index.php/topic,123202.0.html

Even though I lost $25 of my own money, in total I believe I lost the extra $9 of prize money, plus the value of my account with 9,000 credits! Angry

Needless to say, after being a member of  SmileyTraffic for at least 3 or 4 years, they have finally left a bad taste in my mouth! thumbs down

Apart from my issues, this site is also known for unclean, virus prone surfing... thumbs down
Do NOT support it!  thumbs down
Do NOT support Smiley! thumbs down
Do NOT support Vern Chumbley!  thumbs down
Do NOT support viruses!  thumbs down

billboard

View Profile WWW
Reply #1: Feb 23, 2011 12:28 PM

The site is: SmileyTraffic.com

jjohnson777

Referrals: 7

View Profile WWW
Reply #2: Feb 23, 2011 01:41 PM

Most traffic exchanges have in terms no piad to signup offers so you were canned for valid reason just they should tell you.

Smilly Traffic has bad repation though on Traffic Exchange forums I go search for topics.

billboard

View Profile WWW
Reply #3: Feb 23, 2011 02:59 PM

Most traffic exchanges have in terms no piad to signup offers so you were canned for valid reason just they should tell you.

Smilly Traffic has bad repation though on Traffic Exchange forums I go search for topics.

Well, I guess you do have a point...
But how do they think half of all recruiting works?
By people making offers (monetary) that others can't refuse!

Anyways, I had a big laugh when I saw that my account was gone...
I wasted all that cash on nothing! at wits end frusty

Actually, I did get 2 positive reputation points for my honesty!
+2 = $25 LOL!!! rofl

Anyway, perhaps it's my fault... but it still cost me 6 days worth of PTC surfing!
I guess I'll just have to write that one off.
But I'm going to keep the topic open because it makes me feel better! laugh

tupko

Referrals: 0

View Profile
Reply #4: Feb 23, 2011 03:32 PM

Actually I just checked their TOS and there's nothing about paying people to sign up using your ref link and as we can see from email they didn't have any special rules for this contest so I don't see why he got banned.

[Moderator's Editing: Sig removed because of malware warning]
jjohnson777

Referrals: 7

View Profile WWW
Reply #5: Feb 23, 2011 03:40 PM

Well they have bad imagine.  Can not find the topics but they hated by other owners for doing dishonest things to there members.

Josh12

Referrals: 1

View Profile WWW
Reply #6: Feb 23, 2011 03:51 PM

I haven't had any problems with SmileyTraffic, but then again, I only use the traffic exchange.

[Dead Image Removed by Staff]
billboard

View Profile WWW
Reply #7: Feb 23, 2011 06:12 PM

I haven't had any problems with SmileyTraffic, but then again, I only use the traffic exchange.

I never had any problems with them either & I would never spend a dime on any of them but when I got that email, I said
"I've got to get some of those credits!"
"9,000 manual credits for 1 referral? That's insane!"

It would take me 6 hours of surfing to accumulate 1,000 credits!
I thought it was a steal of a deal & that's why I decided to spend some cash in here promoting it.

It was a steal alright... I think they stole my winnings. laugh

Maybe, he didn't expect 1 guy to walk away with 81,000 manual credits + $4 in referral bonuses ($0.10 per person) +$5 for winning 4th place in his contest. no idea

Maybe he is a big scammer... He talks about having reached 90,000 members, but I'm pretty sure half are dead referrals.
Furthermore, he claims that his emails are the most requested in the traffic exchange industry.
I can't argue with that because he is the only TE admin that sends out extremely personal emails & most of them are rants ( Angry Evil frusty) where he is constantly dissing & cussing other owners. He is definitely the most foul-mouthed admin in the TE world & because of this, he is a bit entertaining!

But if he is so popular & his emails so sought after, surely, his forum would be very active?
Instead, he has a dead forum.
http://www.smileytraffic.com/board/index.php
Really???
90,000 members & a dead forum?
I smell a rat! thumbs down

You know what else is a scam & pure hypocrisy?
To call yourself "Smiley", yet he's always cussing...
He must be crazy! der

n2kmaster

Referrals: 0

View Profile
Reply #8: Jul 31, 2016 09:28 AM

Sorry to necro a thread. But theres a lot of points here I had to add something to, and as a fellow Exchange owner, we're not all out to get ya neither.

But....yes, the rants he sends, i can't deny this, i've had to literally blacklist their emails due to the constant bellyaching he does over various websites. Most of the time about owners and sites, I've never even heard of before. While they were entertaining like that user said, it became problematic. And its not even classy how he does it. 1990's style front page blog about the person he's hating today, boarderline slandering the person and their business all to make his own look better. And it still doesn't look that good on his part cuz he spent the time to address people that shouldn't have had even the slightest acknowledgement. When confronted about this, he banned my first account. Instead of answering why he does it, he'll ban you before you get any answer, which also signifies its some personal vendetta he has with people.

Reason why i found this site, Smileytraffic.com has been offline for 24 hours so far. They sent out this notice that they were switching domains, swapping database etc. And this was all to avoid the paypal banning. Thats right! He's been banned from paypal. So if that ain't a warning sign I dunno what is.

Out of them 100,000 people I would say at most 1000 are surfing judging by the traffic i get back as a free member. Them having the paypal issues is the main reason why i wouldn't pay them a cent to use their site.
Print

Jump to:  
Copyright © 2008-2017 eMoneySpace. All rights reserved.